Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft's rayman legends now coming to xbox 360 and playstation 3 | Forums

Ubisoft's rayman legends now coming to xbox 360 and playstation 3

London, UK - February 7th, 2013 - Today, Ubisoft announced that its forthcoming title Rayman Legends, already announced for the Wii UTM system from Nintendo, will also be released on the Xbox 360(r) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation(r)3 computer entertainment system. All versions will now hit shelves in early September 2013.

The Microsoft Xbox 360(r) and Sony PlayStation(r) 3 versions of Rayman Legends are being developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the same team behind the Nintendo Wii UTM game. Rayman Legends has been praised for its stunning visuals and innovative gameplay by media around the world and labeled as one of the most anticipated platformers of 2013.

"We heard from many Xbox & Playstation owners and Rayman fans who told us they really wanted to play Rayman Legends on their current system", says Geoffroy Sardin, EMEA Chief Marketing & Sales Officer. "We decided to give the fans what they wanted while at the same time broadening the audience exposed to this innovative and memorable game."

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman's graphics to the next level.

For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit: www.raymanlegends.com

About Ubisoft:
    Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 29 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011-12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.061 billion euros. To learn more, please visit http://www.ubisoftgroup.com

(c) 2012 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Rayman, the character of Rayman, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.

Wii U is a trademark of Nintendo.
    KINECT, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. "PS Family Logo", "PlayStation" and "PS3" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "PS3 Slim Logo" is a trademark of the same company.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

it literally disgust me that Wii U owners have to wait til September. this is why i bought a wii U at launch. I will be going to Gamestop today to remove my pre-order. I will never buy an Ubisoft game ever again, and I've purchased several in the past.

Screw you, Ubisoft. Never again will you get any of my money. Rayman and Splinter Cell Blacklist collector's edition = cancelled. I hope this company pulls a THQ. Good riddance.

No thanks

I have a Wii U and PS3 so I could care less which other platforms it comes out on. But the fact that you're delaying a finished game this long just so it can come out on all platforms at the same time pisses me off. Good luck going up against Mario and Zelda this fall. You have a good game, but delaying it has lost you a potential sale, as you had no competition if you released it this month.

Not a good plan

A whole lot of people bought the WiiU primarily for this game. I get that you also want to release it for the 360/PS3, but this delay is unacceptable. To delay this game simply to coincide the release with the other two platforms is ridiculous. You just made a whole lot of people that spent $300+ just to play one of your games unhappy so you can make some other players feel like they are playing a current game. There is no reason to wait other than wanting to cut corners on your marketing budget.

Consider my pre-order at Gamestop cancelled, as well as any other future Ubisoft games I was interested in in the future. I'll find some other game made by a company that is less interested in keeping the mouth breathers happy that cannot stand not getting one freaking game first on their platform. Have fun explaining to Gamestop why they are going to have to refund a ton of pre-order reservations.

Doesnt make sense...

I just dont get why you couldn't release the Wii U version first... You released the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed III after the other systems. Why not let it be first for once? It just doesnt make sense to me... At least let it be a digitally available title...

I know I'm not a business person or anything, but I am the market you're selling to... Either way, I wish you the best in your sales.

~Zorpix

wow, you guys thought it would be a good idea to launch the sequel to a mediocre selling game in september, to go up against huge titles like GTA? won't be buying rayman, too many better games to choose from in september!

Thumbs up Bad move

You lost my sale and my brother's sale. What a backstabbing move to all of the Wii U owners. I'll no longer buy games from you in the future.

THIS IS HORSE ****!!!! 3 *swear word removed* WEEKS AWAY AND YOU PULL THIS CRAP Ubisoft has gone soft... Just release the Wii U version and still make it for PS360. Out of like 4 games total this was my top of the list must get for Wii U. This sucks
    Last edited by Ubi-Mush; 02-07-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Is great that Rayman will get release on other systems, but delaying the Wii U version is just wrong.

I had pre-order this game, but seeing that you basically don't care for Wii U owners. I'm canceling my pre-order and getting another Wii U game.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast