Thread: uplay_r1_loader.dll file "missing" | Forums

uplay_r1_loader.dll file "missing"

This started out as a bug with the shading in Far Cry 3. My first instict was to re install the game along with uplay, later finding out that it was most likely associated with my mobile graphics card. I purchased my game through Steam, and now whenever i go to launch it, an error message pops up stating "The program can not start because uplay_r1_loader.dll is missing".

Confusing part is when i go into: OS(C: ) Program Files (x86) > Ubisoft > Ubisoft Game Launcer , the file is right there staring at me.

Add/Remove Programs were used for both Far Cry and uPlay when being uninstalled. Then checking my hard drive to manually delete any other associated files (which is always just an empty Ubisoft Folder) before reinstalling. I have gone through this process at least twice now and i'm really hoping that i didn't just waste $50 dollars.
    Last edited by InvisiblexRed; 02-01-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don´t know but you should have two uplay_r1_loader.dll files on your PC. One in the Uplay Launcher directory and one file in your Far Cry 3 root folder.

thanks for the reply Fireseed, i will have to check on this once i get home from work this afternoon.

If the cause is the missing file associated with Far Cry what would you suggest doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireseed View Post
    I don´t know but you should have two uplay_r1_loader.dll files on your PC. One in the Uplay Launcher directory and one file in your Far Cry 3 root folder.
    There is only 1 file on my HD, which is the one in the location listed in my previous post. Does anyone know how i would go about fixing this issue?

Hi InvisiblexRed - Please create a ticket to support by clicking on the “Ask a Question” tab on the top of the page at http://support.ubi.com/ so they can offer you a few suggestions.

Alternatively, you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx