Thread: Unable to play game Far cry 3. | Forums

Unable to play game Far cry 3.

U play is telling me that i have to put a activation key in to play the game but i bought this game when it first came out on pc and already use the key. I need a answer ASAP.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Uplay PC CD keys are unique and can only be used once. Once they are used, they are bound to the account that was logged in at the time of initial activation.
    You do not need to create a new Uplay account. If you are receiving this error, chances are you have more than one Uplay account. You can simply log in to your other known Uplay account(s) to find which one has the game registered.

Steam: Games purchased through Steam will not appear in the "My Games" tab in the full Uplay PC application. If you are trying to play a game originally purchased through Steam, you must first launch the game through the Steam application or a Steam game shortcut. Please make sure that the Uplay application is NOT open and running before launching the game through Steam.

1. Click the nameplate at the top right of the Uplay PC window.
    2. 2. From the pop-up that appears, select Change user
    3. 3. You will then be prompted to log in with your other Uplay account.

If you need assistance determining which account your game key is registered to, please create a ticket to support by clicking on the “Ask a Question” tab on the top of the page at http://support.ubi.com/

Alternatively, you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx

Please be sure to include your game CD Key / Activation Code when submitting a ticket.

I am having some technical issues as well.

I have uninstalled, and re-installed Uplay multiple times now. Each time going through control panel / add and remove programs, which after checking my hard drive, all files are deleted with the exception of the empty Ubisoft folder. After removing the folder, I re install Uplay.

My problem is whenever I launch Far Cry through my Steam Library an error message pops up stating that the program can not start because uplay_r1_loader.dll is missing. So I search in:
    OS (C > Program Files (x86) > Ubisoft > Ubisoft Game Launcher , and the file is right there staring at me.

This may be where i wen't wrong but i uninstalled Far Cry and re-installed it in Steam because i was experiencing a distracting shading issue in the game. Now I can't launch it, and i'm really hoping that i didn't just throw $50 down the drain. Help is GREATLY appreciated! Hopefully the issue can be resolved here so if anyone else with the same problem can fix it, but i've been looking for solutions to fix the shading issues, and now the missing file for 2 days now, and if it takes too long to get a response i will be calling the Support Team directly. I'm eager to start playing again. I enjoyed the few hours i've played already, making this problem so much more annoying.

You poor bastard, I know how you must feel. I spent untold hours trying to get through to Uplay that I could not find, nor know where to look for the CD number and thus register and play FC3 on Uplay... I had purchased it online at Steam and the CD key is no longer visible anywhere... But eventually(miraculously) Uplay opened it's doors and gave me entry into FC#.... but I had to begin from the beginning after playing half the game... they recognised my previous "existence" be4cause they showed my rewards earnt etc... but I MUST star all over again.... Like bloody hell! FC# and the combo with Steam and Uplay is a proper disaster and they have lost me t5otally along with all my friends!
    Good luck... tell me if you solve your puzzle.
    IanJ