Thread: Uplay and Saved Games? | Forums

Uplay and Saved Games?

Hi all,

I'm getting a SSD tommorrow and going to re-install Windows. What I'd like to know is if I need to back up my saves or if they are saved via Uplay? The only games I'm playing atm are Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3. I know where BL2 saves are. ACB I found saves in C:\Users\Me\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. But can't seem to find FC3 saves.

Is it even necessary for me to back up Ubi games saves or does Uplay do that and I can just re-install the games later and my saves will be there? If not can anyone tell me the folders I'd need to back up for ACB and FC3.

Thanks.

Ps. Both are Steam versions.
    Last edited by Zebideedee; 01-15-2013 at 09:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If Cloud Sync is enabled, you should have no problems getting your saves back. Please keep in mind though, a backup is also always recommended. We will confirm where the FC3 saves are shortly.

I would like to ask a question on this as well if I may? I am also upgrading to an SSD and want to backup my uplay game; Assassins Creed 3.
    I can't seem to find any options in uplay to backup my games, can this be done or do I have to re-download the game again?

I have a similar problem to dirt_junkie I have downloaded Assassins Creed 3 and as yet I have not installed it. I want to back the files up before I install it but in Uplay consol I can's seem to find where the files have been downloded to, there is nothing in the download folder that relateds to AC3 so where are they and what would the file names be and what should I back up???

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Savegames
    OR
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Savegames
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Late reply, sorry.

Ubi-Lhainiev
    when I re-installed FC3 my games were all saved where I left off so Uplay saved the day. Probably a bit of a gamble but it always said it was synching when I stopped playing.

That is great news Zebideedee. Thanks for the feedback!