Thread: Far Cry 3 Keeps Crashing... Help? | Forums

Far Cry 3 Keeps Crashing... Help?

Well, I'm literally unable to play this game. Everything is fine up until I start a new game in story mode. The opening cutscene will play, and the game will ALWAYS minimize and stop responding sometime between when you first see Vaas and before you take control of Jason (bar one time when I was able to take control of Jason and play for about a minute, then it crashed the same way). After it minimizes, I can still hear the sound of the game, and I am unable to do anything, so I have to enter the task manager and end the task. I've tried playing on every graphics setting, Ultra, Optimum, High, Medium, Low, nothing helps. Playing with Uplay offline didn't help either. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Angry Same issue - crash immediatly after Intro to Story Mode sequence...

Quote Originally Posted by KoroftheSon View Post
    Well, I'm literally unable to play this game. Everything is fine up until I start a new game in story mode. The opening cutscene will play, and the game will ALWAYS minimize and stop responding sometime between when you first see Vaas and before you take control of Jason (bar one time when I was able to take control of Jason and play for about a minute, then it crashed the same way). After it minimizes, I can still hear the sound of the game, and I am unable to do anything, so I have to enter the task manager and end the task. I've tried playing on every graphics setting, Ultra, Optimum, High, Medium, Low, nothing helps. Playing with Uplay offline didn't help either. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Exactly the same problem here... it's driving me nuts. New system, and ATI 7870 Graphics card (latest drivers..) Any one with an idea of what to try?

I found out that it's the display driver that stops responding and then recovers, but that doesn't really help me, because I have the latest drivers as well. The last time this was happening with a game, I had to buy a new video card to make it stop, because nothing else worked. I need to find a solution to this, because I spent $60 on this game and I can't even play it, which pisses me off.

Try changing direct x version in games video settings .I had same problem changing to dx9 fixed it. and graphics are still stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryHarmer2012 View Post
    Try changing direct x version in games video settings .I had same problem changing to dx9 fixed it. and graphics are still stunning.
    DX9 didn't fix my issue. Tried everything listed above and then some. I can usually go about 3 - 10 mins on DX9 before and issue. On DX11 It happens under 5 mins each time. I don't even have to be playing in game. I could be in the menus or at the main menu and it will still happen. All drivers are up to date.

Here is my current layout:

CPU - AMD FX 8150 8-Core @ 4.01GHz
    RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600
    Video - AMD XFX Radeon HD7970 3GB
    HDD - Intel 520Cheryville 120GB SSD Primary
    Seagate 2TB x4 in Raid 5 Secondary
    Audio - Creative SoundBlaster Z
    Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
    OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Any input would help.

Hi Khaos,

Please have a read through here for Far Cry 3 minimum requirements and launcher connectivity issues:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...VoeXNvbA%3D%3D

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answ...ail/a_id/17580

If this does not help and you require assistance launching your game, please create a ticket to Support by clicking on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/

Alternatively you may call them. You can find the Support Team in your region here: http://www.ubi.com/US/Support/InternationalSupport.aspx