Thread: Ulead Video Studio 7.0 and makin movies! | Forums

Hail all ye maestros out there.

First off a brief runup to my system:

P4 2.0 Ghz, 512 PC2100 DDR SDRAM, 60 GB 7200rpm HDD, DVD R, CD R/W, SB Live 5.1, Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb, X-45 Hotas and Win 98SE (i know, i know!!)

I have recently acquired Ulead Video Studio 7.0 and have Fraps 2.0.

Q&A time:

To a total nOOb like me, could you please tell me how one can make a LOMAC movie in brief? i.e consider the following a sorta LOMAC Movies 101...

Step 1: press ctrl+R before hitting Fly
    Step 2: go over and complete the mission
    Step 3: press "save"??
    Step 4: how do I get the inbuilt AVI recorder to play the track??
    Step 5: While playing track, use fraps to capture clips from different angles etc
    Step 6: Import those clips into Ulead and edit
    Step 7:???

Other Q's - where does the codec thingy come in?? Can someone confirm if Ulead is a good editing proggy? Will my system hold up to the process? (I heard that FRAPS bogs down the rig some)

Would really appreciate pointers in the above format - I hope to become an avid contributor to the movie maker community soon, so I can promise that your pointers shall be well utilised!

Krieg out...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hail all ye maestros out there.

First off a brief runup to my system:

P4 2.0 Ghz, 512 PC2100 DDR SDRAM, 60 GB 7200rpm HDD, DVD R, CD R/W, SB Live 5.1, Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb, X-45 Hotas and Win 98SE (i know, i know!!)

I have recently acquired Ulead Video Studio 7.0 and have Fraps 2.0.

Q&A time:

To a total nOOb like me, could you please tell me how one can make a LOMAC movie in brief? i.e consider the following a sorta LOMAC Movies 101...

Step 1: press ctrl+R before hitting Fly
    Step 2: go over and complete the mission
    Step 3: press "save"??
    Step 4: how do I get the inbuilt AVI recorder to play the track??
    Step 5: While playing track, use fraps to capture clips from different angles etc
    Step 6: Import those clips into Ulead and edit
    Step 7:???

Other Q's - where does the codec thingy come in?? Can someone confirm if Ulead is a good editing proggy? Will my system hold up to the process? (I heard that FRAPS bogs down the rig some)

Would really appreciate pointers in the above format - I hope to become an avid contributor to the movie maker community soon, so I can promise that your pointers shall be well utilised!

Krieg out...

i think ulead is a good video editing program,

AFAIK (i use fraps) make the mission, hit ctrl-r, play the mission, save it, then video edit in (using loamc) picking out camera angles etc (tip keep the camera moving, keep the shots relativly short, watch lots of movies and take a note of teh direction, pacing etc) tehn edit those files into a finished movie.

the codec bits come in when you go to render the movie

fraps you can use anytime, when you are either playing the game, ecamera angle editing in video edit or watching a track

good luck

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>AFAIK (i use fraps) make the mission, hit ctrl-r....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see this alot and don't know what it means..
    AFAIK?
    Can anyone please enlighten me?

Brett
    Machine Specs

...just my 2â¢...
    and if you want change, sorry but I've got no sense!
    Brett
    Machine Specs
    My LockON Site

...just my 2â¢...

As Far As I Know.

*Opinions epressed are mine alone, if you don't agree w/them I apologize as I can't help you w/that**

I'm a PC gamer. Any comments I make that don't specifically state a platform you can bet I'm referring to PC.
    3Sqn Forums
    [url=http://teambsr.com

thanks much.

Brett
    Machine Specs

...just my 2â¢...
    Brett
    Machine Specs
    My LockON Site

...just my 2â¢...