Thread: Latency lag tip for PC users - DPC Latency checker | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Latency lag tip for PC users - DPC Latency checker

I am new user, trying the demo on PC, for bass.
    System is:
    FX 4170
    Asus M5A97 board Evo R2.0
    16Gb ram.
    GTX 560Ti OC.
    180gb SSD.

So PC should be fast enough, but was experiencing LOTS of lag that made game almost unplayable.
    I did edit the .ini file as suggested on forum, tweaking buffers etc, but still lots of lag.
    Ie about 1/3 of second after I play the note, I hear it. Got the same result in Audacity etc.

So did more searching and found this tool:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

This tool showed me that for some strange reason, my NIC driver "Realtek PCE GBE Family Controller" was introducing lag into the system.
    As soon as I disable my NIC driver (yes not very convenient to do this all the time) in device manager, the lag virtually disappeared in RS!

This explains why, even after tweaking all the RS settings, that it is terrible for some, great for others.

Hope this helps someone here. I'm still on fence whether to get full game.. :-/

Pat.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Interesting... I'm checking it out now, and I'm getting a little spike every so often...

Also, I highly recommend getting the game! I haven't played this much in well over a decade... and to be honest, I really thought that I would never play regularly again, because I have problems with my hands. But RS is motivating me to push through those problems. I own tons of games across the systems that I have (PC/PS3/Wii/Vita), and I have never felt that I have gotten my money's worth so much as I have with Rocksmith.

Come join us in the weekly challenges! It's a decision that I have never regretted...

Thank you, Pat!

I didn't feel that I had a latency problem, but when I used Latency Checker "just for fun". I noticed, that rarely there was a "big" latency. I discovered, that Wi-Fi card was checking something from the net - maybe once in a minute. I disabled it and now the latency is always very low...

This is kind of a technical type of post so I am moving it to the garage.

Hi Guys,

It maybe the auto tuning feature of windows vista/7 on the network card, if you disable this it should fix this problem.

goto a command prompt ( will have to run this admin mode, type cmd and wait for if to come up in the list, right click and run as administrator )

the type

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

that should help

if the "Tweaking" the in games "Option" as to Sound & Display don't remedy the problems then this is good to know

I'm happy that the "Tweaking" the Options allowed me to "dial in" my audio & video to be spot on as to Noteway timing & audio output with no lag or latency issues at all.

Space for Rent....

I wanna Rock...!!!

latency etc

Quote Originally Posted by SideTraKd42 View Post
    Interesting... I'm checking it out now, and I'm getting a little spike every so often...

Also, I highly recommend getting the game! I haven't played this much in well over a decade... and to be honest, I really thought that I would never play regularly again, because I have problems with my hands. But RS is motivating me to push through those problems. I own tons of games across the systems that I have (PC/PS3/Wii/Vita), and I have never felt that I have gotten my money's worth so much as I have with Rocksmith.

Come join us in the weekly challenges! It's a decision that I have never regretted...
    Thanks sidetrak,
    I've had bass for about 10 years but hardly know full song, just riffs etc. Am struggling with reading the tab-style interface, I don't like how the fretboard scrolls left/right, gets a bit confusing.. is that something that can changed in the full game?
    Thanks for the encouragement though, I will likely get the full game at some point.. since I've already purchased the cable.

Haven't found proper fix for the latency issue, apart from disabling NIC though.

pat.

Hi Yellow,
    Made that change but didnt help in my case.
    thanks anyway.

Pat.