Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GRFS: Next confirmed, Kiev probably doing PC port. Kiev says they did a "great job" | Forums

GRFS: Sequel confirmed, Kiev probably doing PC port. Kiev says they did a "great job"

Hey guys, while digging for some kind of update about 1.6, I stumbled across this image from an internal Ubisoft Kiev Annual meeting.There is lots to comment on in this photo, the first thing is clearly the (not surprising) confirmation that GRFS: Next is happening. Further we know that it is indeed (as of now anyways) planned for a PC release, and we also know that unfortunately Ubisoft Kiev will likely be responsible for the PC release again. I say unfortunately because GRFS was/is such a disaster.More interesting is the bullet point "Released a really great game under tough working conditions." That definitely makes me wonder "what was tough about it?" Things that pop to my mind as possibilities are:
    • Tight timeline, resulting in a rushed development
    • Too small of a budget
    • Too small of a team

Whatever they feel was "tough" about the working conditions for this game, it undoubtedly plays a big role in the launch quality of the game. They mention both UI and multiplayer as notable "great work™", which as a customer I find very frustrating, because I feel both these things were very far from "great," especially with the multiplayer still being very broken today for a very large percentage of customers.

If they feel the GRFS PC release was so great™ it really makes me wonder if they even hear/see/care about the feedback & customer frustrations expressed on this forum. Are there so many filters & layers between us and them that they don't even have a clear picture of what we think about their game, or do they simply not care? Are they really so out of touch?

And its not like this is an external document where you maintain a positive attitude for the press. This is an internal document, this slide would lead us to believe that they are generally happy with the Quality of the PC release and the level of support since.Very interesting anyways.
    Last edited by ecma4; 12-21-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: grammer, spacing
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I am surprised they are going to make another game. The sales were terrible, and who knows how many returns there was at retail stores. Just look at the number of active players on any platform at any time. I have seen indie games on steam with larger active player numbers.

The DEVS did a terrible job.
    Last edited by ablekill3r; 12-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Nice find ecma4! Although it doesn't bring us much about the upcoming patch, it does bring some potential reasons why GRFS PC became what it is now. Based upon the sudden announcement back in January about the PC version being back in development, the "tough" conditions were probably and likely due to the limitation of time. I am assuming that they only had a few months to put the PC version together (January 2012 to June 2012), which is only 5 - 6 months in development.

Based on this assumption, I overall believe that they did do a good job considering the short time frame that they were given. However, the game still has many issues that still need to be addressed, and hopefully the upcoming patch will show what Ubisoft Kiev can do when they are given time and our patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ecma4 View Post
    Hey guys, while digging for some kind of update about 1.6, I stumbled across this image from an internal Ubisoft Kiev Annual meeting.

There is lots to comment on in this photo, the first thing is clearly the (not surprising) confirmation that GRFS: Next is happening. Further we know that it is indeed (as of now anyways) planned for a PC release, and we also know that unfortunately Ubisoft Kiev will likely be responsible for the PC release again. I say unfortunately because GRFS was/is such a disaster.

More interesting is the bullet point "Released a really great game under tough working conditions." That definitely makes me wonder "what was tough about it?" Things that pop to my mind as possibilities are:
    • Tight timeline, resulting in a rushed development
    • Too small of a budget
    • Too small of a team

Whatever they feel was "tough" about the working conditions for this game, it undoubtedly plays a big role in the launch quality of the game.

They mention both UI and multiplayer as notable "great work™", which as a customer I find very frustrating, because I feel both these things were very far from "great," especially with the multiplayer still being very broken today for a very large percentage of customers.

If they feel the GRFS PC release was so great™ it really makes me wonder if they even hear/see/care about the feedback & customer frustrations expressed on this forum. Are there so many filters & layers between us and them that they don't even have a clear picture of what we think about their game, or do they simply not care? Are they really so out of touch? And its not like this is an external document where you maintain a positive attitude for the press. This is an internal document, this slide would lead us to believe that they are generally happy with the Quality of the PC release and the level of support since.

Very interesting anyways.
    Good find indeed, are you sure that they are talking about the PC version? Because if they really are talking about the PC, let me questioning, in what world do they live, is their reality the same was our, because GRFS was indeed a great idea in the paper, but far from great in developement, was for the time belvucker4, sorry to say but you are wrong, the PC version was develop right from the start, it was cancelled during about 5 to 6 months, and then they return to development by Ubisoft order, so there is no excuse to launch a game in the conditions that GRFS come to the stores, and if our opinion doesnt mean anything for them, they should read the reviews all over the Internet to see how "great" was their Work, I simple find this another joke, how bad can a person be, to not see what is right on front of them, and if they really going to built another one, without this becoming a playable game, my support end here, I simple cant go against my principles, there are other studios that need support, and they make a lot more effort on development.

Are they smoking something ? This cant be real

Great Job on DX11 for PC GRFS 1 ? Really are you serious , honestly the graphics came across as DirectX9

Great Job on Online Multiplayer ? ARE YOU FARKING KIDDING
    The MULTIPLAYER in GRFS is THE ULIMATE WORST NETWORK ON ANY UBI GAME I HAVE BOUGHT from GR1-GRFS1 , R6-R6V2 , SC1-SCC

Great Job in UI design ? Really whos hand is on the 3rd leg.
    The UI was sh1th0use, it was clearly a poorly designed console port missing TONES of options and features.

Maybe the sale of the PC verison actually exceeds their expectaion, because of, you know, TF2 hats perhaps?
    I5 2300, GTX460(1GB VRAM), 4GB RAM, Win7 64bit.
    Yes I do have all the latest driver, patch, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPaladin View Post
    Maybe the sale of the PC verison actually exceeds their expectaion, because of, you know, TF2 hats perhaps?
    I got them for the hats! lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAPT0R0 View Post
    Good find indeed, are you sure that they are talking about the PC version?
    Ya, this is definitely about the PC version. I'm starting to wonder if the slow updates for GRFS are because the team was pulled onto the AC3 port. Kiev did that too, right after GRFS launched.

Looking at this picture reminds me of the movie Hancock 1 movie back in 2008. "Tell the cops they did a good job", "why do I have to come if they have done a good job" . Its the same thing your blowing bu11sh1t up someones %$## to make them feel warm and fuzzy for doing "a good job!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sNcazEYGDk

Quote Originally Posted by ecma4 View Post
    Ya, this is definitely about the PC version. I'm starting to wonder if the slow updates for GRFS are because the team was pulled onto the AC3 port. Kiev did that too, right after GRFS launched.
    I didnt know they are responsables by the AC3, now im worried, because AC3 multiplayer is a total let down, with many issues, if they have to fix it first, i dont think we have a patch any time soon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast