Thread: Just a thought | Forums

Looking on the new HOK forum,I decided to look at the information about the people who have been working on HOK,yes call me nosey

I couldnt fail to notice one guy an american,job title Games Design Consultant`s list of favourite games

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Which PC Game inspired your passion for PC gaming?

Age of Kings and Age of Empires are, in my opinion, the finest computer games I have ever played.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I cant help wondering if this is maybe why many of us are reminded so much of AOE when we have seen the screenies.

Just a thought

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Looking on the new HOK forum,I decided to look at the information about the people who have been working on HOK,yes call me nosey

I couldnt fail to notice one guy an american,job title Games Design Consultant`s list of favourite games

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Which PC Game inspired your passion for PC gaming?

Age of Kings and Age of Empires are, in my opinion, the finest computer games I have ever played.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I cant help wondering if this is maybe why many of us are reminded so much of AOE when we have seen the screenies.

Just a thought

cant tell as no demo is avialeble as jet
    but i still thinking that that is right plus a good dossis of rise of nations too, like the university bit

I've been playing Rise of Nations for the last two weeks now (demo version).

On RON there's only one mine building allowed per mountain but the miners number vary by where you place the building. I coulnd't help to notice that HOK is similar in that respect when I watched the interview.

Also there's a scout with dog: HOK has a hero with an Eagle (?).

Several similarities. Rise of Nations is fun but very repetitive (you rush to upgrade as fast as you can).

What I like about settlers is the organisational skills a player need to build the army which makes it far more superior to AOE or RON.

I hope HOK doesn't become just a clone of those games: it would be a pity.

I wouldn't be surprised I think at least the idea of s5 was based on AOE.
    I guiess about the gameplay we will see when the demo is released....but can't say it would be a surprise.

well tbh, i guess theyve been looking at sales figures and seen that games with a fast style, AOE, AOM, RON, even Civ3, WC3 and Cossacks have a lot more players than S4, so theyve adopted a faster style... still i think that they should stick with the paths and woodcutters and wells....
    ------------------------------
    No trees were killed in the creation of this message.

PS. You dont like me just because the voices talk to me and not you!