Thread: Far cry 3 xbox 360 single player lag! | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Unhappy Far cry 3 xbox 360 single player lag!

How can I fix the singleplayer lag? It is the same thing with AC3. Please help!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by SloG33k View Post
    How can I fix the singleplayer lag? It is the same thing with AC3. Please help!!!
    This most likely means your TV is to big. Consoles can't handle massive resolutions. How many inches is your TV?

lol dumbest reply ive ever heard. tv too big and causes lag wtf. wot you got like 100-200 inches or sumthing. the tv size an resolution doesnt effect console performance. the console outputs at the highest resolution the tv can accept which is likely 1080p these days. although most games still only run at 720p the console does not change the resolution based on the size of the tv, its always 720p/1080p. tvs are only available up to 1080p resolution so it couldnt output higher even if the console wanted too.

the worst thing a massive large tv would do is reduce picture quality( allbeit slightly) and only if its above 50-60 inches is it even noticeable. i have a 40 inch tv an its fine. there is very slight lag but its jus the game, it performs the same on my smaller tv too. the lag is minimal tho so im not sure wot your problem is. one thing i will say is lag is more noticeable on a bigger tv but doesnt mean its worse. you jus cant see it as much on smaller tvs but its likely still there.
    maybe you notice the lag more after palying other games. i do after playing borderlands2. FC3 is slightly laggy in a lot of places but its not effecting my gaming experience negatively. if it was any higher amount of lag then it would tho. its borderline acceptable, for me anyway.

anyway its nothing to do with the size of your tv. lol.

try clearing you cache on your actual xbox. this has helped for other games as the system cache used to store data the game frequently uses etc so if its full of updates an other crap it effects performance. might work, certainly will do more than changing to a smaller tv would.

wot tv are you using anyway jus outta interest?
    Last edited by Champion Puffa; 12-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks for the answer. I am using a LG 32ld350.

Quote Originally Posted by Champion Puffa View Post
    lol dumbest reply ive ever heard. tv too big and causes lag wtf. wot you got like 100-200 inches or sumthing. the tv size an resolution doesnt effect console performance. the console outputs at the highest resolution the tv can accept which is likely 1080p these days. although most games still only run at 720p the console does not change the resolution based on the size of the tv, its always 720p/1080p. tvs are only available up to 1080p resolution so it couldnt output higher even if the console wanted too.

the worst thing a massive large tv would do is reduce picture quality( allbeit slightly) and only if its above 50-60 inches is it even noticeable. i have a 40 inch tv an its fine. there is very slight lag but its jus the game, it performs the same on my smaller tv too. the lag is minimal tho so im not sure wot your problem is. one thing i will say is lag is more noticeable on a bigger tv but doesnt mean its worse. you jus cant see it as much on smaller tvs but its likely still there.
    maybe you notice the lag more after palying other games. i do after playing borderlands2. FC3 is slightly laggy in a lot of places but its not effecting my gaming experience negatively. if it was any higher amount of lag then it would tho. its borderline acceptable, for me anyway.

anyway its nothing to do with the size of your tv. lol.

try clearing you cache on your actual xbox. this has helped for other games as the system cache used to store data the game frequently uses etc so if its full of updates an other crap it effects performance. might work, certainly will do more than changing to a smaller tv would.

wot tv are you using anyway jus outta interest?
    Are you Fucing R@t@rded? Resolution has everything to do with how many "Frames" you run and console's can not handle big "Resolutions". Which meaning in this case if you were running a 52 - 70 inch TV using full HD, the resolution would change to at least 1920 x 1080 as a 70 inch TV would be at least 2556x1080. Sir, resolution has everything to do with what it can handle and what it can't. Such as BF3, it could run 20 to 25 FPS on a 52 inch screen due to it's resolution. It depends on the "Engine" and games graphics. And I run a PC sir, 24 inch LCD LED Full 1080p screen. I don't have time to talk to someone that doesn't even know what they are talking about. And has weird @$$ spelling. As a game developer and C++ expert you should take my word
    Last edited by xLeon200115x; 12-13-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SloG33k View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I am using a LG 32ld350.
    Try clearing out some dust out of your system If nothing seems to work then reformat your system. Could be the sectors in your HDD.

I just dont understand why other games are not lagging except ac3, ac2 and far cry 3.

Quote Originally Posted by xLeon200115x View Post
    Are you Fucing R@t@rded? Resolution has everything to do with how many "Frames" you run and console's can not handle big "Resolutions". Which meaning in this case if you were running a 52 - 70 inch TV using full HD, the resolution would change to at least 1920 x 1080 as a 70 inch TV would be at least 2556x1080. Sir, resolution has everything to do with what it can handle and what it can't. Such as BF3, it could run 20 to 25 FPS on a 52 inch screen due to it's resolution. It depends on the "Engine" and games graphics. And I run a PC sir, 24 inch LCD LED Full 1080p screen. I don't have time to talk to someone that doesn't even know what they are talking about. And has weird @$$ spelling. As a game developer and C++ expert you should take my word
    NO?!

Xbox does upscale to a max of 1080p. TVs usually have also an upscaler and just because the TV has an higher resolution doesnt mean the Xbox does render it higher.
    the only thing which can happen is that its not as sharp as on a small tv cause the pixels are not as close together as on a small tv.

like when im watching YT vids on my Smartphone it almost looks like PC gameplay cause the pixels are so close together while on my PC it looks more like 480p

I have a 37" LED samsung and suffered screen tear and lag. I changed the setting on my TV to game mode which reduces the CPU A/V processing, and all mentioned problems are fixed. Loving the Game.
    Last edited by oO Shockout Oo; 12-13-2012 at 08:14 PM.

i got an LG and everything is set on gaming but is still got these awful FPS drops when running through the jungle like many others.