Thread: Far Cry 3 crashe on random in store | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Exclamation Far Cry 3 crashe on random in store

The game crashes when i use the store (and sometimes inventory or other things that use a menu UI ). It happens when I, for example, buy/equip a weapon and when I confirm the action the game freezes and crashes on the menu transition animation. Help?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Exactly the same problem for me

Quote Originally Posted by BORN-2-NUKE. View Post
    The game crashes when i use the store (and sometimes inventory or other things that use a menu UI ). It happens when I, for example, buy/equip a weapon and when I confirm the action the game freezes and crashes on the menu transition animation. Help?
    I have the same issue. Closing any of the UI submenus randomly freezes the game only. Just started a local game data cache check result zero errors. I tried different graphic settings, nothing changes. Running on DX11, GTX 550 Ti , nvidia driver 306.97, Win7pro 32 bit

I've been having a similar issue. It seems to only be the stores, haven't had a crash else where in the game yet. Currently I'm sitting at 6000/6000 cash and trying to find a way to offload some money ( have all available maps, weapons, weapon mods) , but the problem seems to come up when purchasing different paint jobs for weapons. m700, mp5, etc.
    The problem comes up at the purchase confirmation screen, the screen blinks out like it is going to bring up the confirmation then instead of where the prompt should be there is only black and the game freezes.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UplayIsLame512 View Post
    I've been having a similar issue. It seems to only be the stores, haven't had a crash else where in the game yet. Currently I'm sitting at 6000/6000 cash and trying to find a way to offload some money ( have all available maps, weapons, weapon mods) , but the problem seems to come up when purchasing different paint jobs for weapons. m700, mp5, etc.
    The problem comes up at the purchase confirmation screen, the screen blinks out like it is going to bring up the confirmation then instead of where the prompt should be there is only black and the game freezes.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks
    I still got the same problem. Only in the store and when I buy paint jobs for the weapons. Sometimes it also crashes when I buy equipment for the weapon like a scope or magazine or something. When I want to buy it, the confirmation screen animation starts and then it crashes. I quit the game and start it again, and then it works sometimes or crashes when I buy different color.

I do this, becaus I got 10000$ in my pocket, all the weapons unlocked and I bought for the most weapons all equipment and all paint jobs.

Maybe you could fix this in the next patch? It's kinda annoying...

I got Far Cry 3 Patch 1.04 in uplay (not steam) on PC.
    Last edited by stand-alone87; 02-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.

The only time I've had it crash (lock up) is selling animal skins or plants, so I stopped doing that.

I have not purchased paint jobs, but that is a good idea to get rid of the horde of cash (which I will just get more of shortly).

Next time I'm in the game, I'll try to buy a paint job and see what happens.