Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After using Uplay I don't plan on buying another Ubisoft game. | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

After using Uplay I don't plan on buying another Ubisoft game.

I bought FC3 last night and downloaded over the night. Came home today and it was finished. Downloaded the new Uplay. When entering the new Uplay I went to "My Games" and FC3 was not there. Did not know what to do. Checked the forums and only found a few threads...dunno really how to navigate the technical forums they look like a mess. Looked for a contact # but couldn't find one.

Of course I got frustrated as I haven't had to really figure out how to get my game to work in this manner in a while due to Steam being so pleasant. Called Gamestop since I downloaded it from them, which was a joke.

I watched TV for a while and I had an idea. I closed Uplay and clicked on the "play" button in the Gamestop download app. restarted Uplay and it was there. Frist....it's not Gamestops fault. Uplay should recognize the game is on my PC....Origin does.

Went to activate my game with the code I was given after installing and a message came up saying "cannot activate your product b/c the Uplay servers are busy or offline" or something.

Now I'm really frustrated. Ate lunch.....decided to try again. No dice. Restarted Uplay....and there it was FC3 activated. Now I'm downloaded the latest patch.

These were simple things that I had to do....but were unnecessary. Uplay is second rate and right now I don't even want to be at my PC b/c I'm so frustrated.

Kiss my money good bye b/c as long as there is Uplay, I'll be skipping Ubisoft games. I have over 60 games I haven't even touched yet so it's not like I'll need any any time soon.

EDIT:

Now after patch 1.02 it will not start b/c the patching system is complete trash. IF THE "QUIT" BUTTON ON THE PATCH DOWNLOADER IS AVAILABLE THEN I'M GOING TO THINK I CAN CLOSE THE THING. I GUESS I HAVE TO WAIT 15 MINUTES OR SO FOR YOUR PATCH TO TAKE EFFECT AS GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT, RIGHT!?!?!?

EDIT 2:

Long story short I bought FC3 through Gamestop digitially. It downloaded to a folder I specified. I went to uninstall the game when the patches did not work and the files in the folder from the GS were still there. So I deleted even though I didn't want to but there was no other way.

There were 2 files left in that folder that Windows will not let me delete. "CopyRegValues" and application and "launcher.rgm".

Now, I'm downloading the game again through Uplay. So where does it download to?
    Last edited by DudeNtheRoom; 12-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yup, I agree.

I'm not a professional gamer and I don't play online.
    I just wanted a shoot-em-up game to pass the time between other jobs.

I bought the DVD and installation seemed to go well, so I loaded the coffee mug and sat down for a blast.
    When I sparked it up, uPlay started to download an update. "Fair enough" I thought.
    When I saw that it was taking a while, I noticed it was downloading 270G
    Luckilly, it was at a time where I could stop working, walk away, mow the lawn, bath the dog, do my taxes, take the family out for dinner and get 8hrs sleep.

This morning, there was no game shortcut and uPlay was having a tantrum until I started an on-line account.
    I've decided that uPlay must have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. (no offence to the OCD community out there)
    It just stares at you like an idiot with no indication that anything is wrong or right or that it's actually doing anything.
    It's like playing 20 questions against a rock.
    Through trial and error, I realised that if you don't enter everything perfectly, the first time, it won't acknowledge you.

Then it asked me for the Activation Code.
    Now I'm stuck on this "Ubisoft Server Unavailable" merry-go-round. **** **** **** **** GOSH

I think it will be easier to take the game back and ask them to use it as a suppository.
    I'll get back to freecell with me cold coffee.

Ziggy

Completely agree with the above. I have been a lifelong console gamer, and after seeing how good FC3 could look on PC, I decided to go out and buy a new one. Bought the digital copy and started downloading before bed on Tuesday. Sat down Wednesday after work expecting to play, only to see that I have to also install Uplay. Went ahead and installed Uplay waited a while and fired up the game. Oops, Uplay says I need to patch the game. Downloaded massive patch, ate dinner and checked it before bed. Patch was downloaded, maybe I can get a quick game in before bed. Fire up the game......oops, Uplay says I need another patch (400 mb). Guess I'm waiting another day. Finally fire up the game Thursday and then had the same connection problems.

Long story short, the game is amazing now that I can actually play it, but ****, I REALLY hate spending entire days just getting a game playable. I guess I would say it is worth it for the improvements over the console versions, but Uplay has got to go! On top of all the hassle, I really hate all the Uplay connectivity clutter on the menu screen of the game. I bought the game for SP, I don't care what my rankings are, what my virtual friends are doing, or what imaginary points Ubi is giving me for finding a virtual mushroom. Just let us play the **** game already!

It's not Ubisoft's fault that you're utterly ****ing ******ed.
    First of all since you downloaded it from Gamestop, you should not presume it will magically appear in your uPlay games just as I wont assume that if I download it from Steam it will be on uPlay which is completely your fault but despite that, how hard would it be to just search in Google "How to activate uPlay games" or just use common sense and run the ****ing game after you got all the software in tact?

Second, who the **** purchases a digital game from Gamestop, especially when you got Steam. If you would of done it through there and tried to run the game after installing uPlay, it would add to your list and ask for a serial number but NOOOO!!! you just have to blame everyone else because you're a ****ing imbecile!
    Quit posting here, no one wants to hear your stupid sob stories, you pathetic little ****. Oh and the patches, they work fine. I use my brothers account, game works perfect, servers are up 99.99% of the time and no problems except for a few in-game multiplayer issues but that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Have a good day and I hope I don't see your sorry *** on MP.

wow that sucks:/
    Whats up with Uplay name anyway?
    Its you, not u.
    What a stypid name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan-5 View Post
    It's not Ubisoft's fault that you're utterly ****ing ******ed.
    First of all since you downloaded it from Gamestop, you should not presume it will magically appear in your uPlay games just as I wont assume that if I download it from Steam it will be on uPlay which is completely your fault but despite that, how hard would it be to just search in Google "How to activate uPlay games" or just use common sense and run the ****ing game after you got all the software in tact?

Second, who the **** purchases a digital game from Gamestop, especially when you got Steam. If you would of done it through there and tried to run the game after installing uPlay, it would add to your list and ask for a serial number but NOOOO!!! you just have to blame everyone else because you're a ****ing imbecile!
    Quit posting here, no one wants to hear your stupid sob stories, you pathetic little ****. Oh and the patches, they work fine. I use my brothers account, game works perfect, servers are up 99.99% of the time and no problems except for a few in-game multiplayer issues but that will hopefully be fixed soon.

Have a good day and I hope I don't see your sorry *** on MP.
    Origin sees games whether they were activated through Steam or not. So it can be done.

If you weren't so hell bent in being and idiot you would have read that activating it wasn't the problem. It was the Uplay servers as stated by the error.

Only pompous children tell others where or how to use ones money. REGARDLESS of where I bought it. Steam, Origin, and Amazon have never give me trouble throughout the years.

Anyway, you're belittling me without knowing what you're talking about so I'm inclined to think you just want to get under my skin and that you're a 13 year old. You'll have your days of frustration. I didn't even attack you personally.

Please know what you're talking about when the adults are conversing.
    Last edited by DudeNtheRoom; 12-06-2012 at 11:13 PM.

I am 17 and no I will not have my days of frustration because I'm a hundred times better than you idiots!
    Origin sees games whether they were activated through Steam or not. So it can be done.
    Of course it can be done but Steam is the better platform you moron and if you would of used your brain and TRIED to run the game, it would appear on uPlay.
    So is it Ubisoft's fault you're a stupid idiot? NO, THIS WAS YOUR FAULT.
    Besides, you cant complain about not being able to activate it after such "FRUSTRATING" hours trying to get it on uPlay which you clearly weren't smart enough to do when all you needed was to either run the game or use Google "How to activate uPlay games".

I bought FC3 last night and downloaded over the night. Came home today and it was finished. Downloaded the new Uplay. When entering the new Uplay I went to "My Games" and FC3 was not there. Did not know what to do. Checked the forums and only found a few threads...dunno really how to navigate the technical forums they look like a mess. Looked for a contact # but couldn't find one.
    Seriously? How long did it take you to figure out you need to run the game???

And as for the downtime, it shouldn't be down for more than a couple minutes or an hour so all you just needed to wait a little.
    So you tell me, who's fault was all this?

I can imagine myself buying the game right now from Gamestop, Amazon, Steam, uPlay and having no problems at all.
    So this thread is completely irrelevant and stupid, what you should of done was complain about the little downtime you experienced, not your stupidity.
    Last edited by Jonathan-5; 12-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.

17 is the new 13.

agree.....server alway slow ......

Quote Originally Posted by royhk920 View Post
    agree.....server alway slow ......
    Digital game downloads from big companies and platforms like Steam and Ubisoft's uPlay will download at your maximum speed.
    And if not then either their servers are busy (hundreds of people downloading at once) or just your fault which it probably is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast