Thread: How do I add a game to Uplay? | Forums

How do I add a game to Uplay?

I'm trying to figure out how to activate a product I own on UPlay and I can't find ANYWHERE to enter the code. I know on steam there is just the "activate a product on steam" option. Where does that exist for UPlay?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted_fool View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how to activate a product I own on UPlay and I can't find ANYWHERE to enter the code. I know on steam there is just the "activate a product on steam" option. Where does that exist for UPlay?
    What you need to do is run the installer for the game. The installer will ask for your serial.

It's a very messy way of doing things, and it shows that Uplay isn't ready to be deployed with games, because of the requirement of downloading a game installer, and then linking it with your Uplay account through that.

What game are you trying to activate?

OK....so where do I get the installer? I bought the games online.

I'm trying to either add AC3 to my Far Cry 3 version of UPlay, or add Far Cry 3 to my AC3 version of UPlay...yes they are that worthless that they installed one for each.

OK....so where do I get the installer? I bought the games online.

I'm trying to either add AC3 to my Far Cry 3 version of UPlay, or add Far Cry 3 to my AC3 version of UPlay...yes they are that worthless that they installed one for each.
    Do you have two different Ubisoft accounts? One for each game?

A link to the installer should've been sent to you via e-mail.

No, one account, two installations of UPlay. When I start up either they see the achievements and UPlay points from the other. But only one game.

One was bought through steam, and is installed through that. So no "installer" is sent to any email. The other was bought with Gamefly, and is also installed through their own Gamefly program. Again, no "installer" was ever sent in an email. Only a CD Key...that UPlay won't let me enter anywhere.
    Last edited by Addicted_fool; 12-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.

No, one account, two installations of UPlay. When I start up either they see the achievements and UPlay points from the other. But only one game.

One was bought through steam, and is installed through that. So no "installer" is sent to any email. The other was bought with Gamefly, and is also installed through their own Gamefly program. Again, no "installer" was ever sent in an email. Only a CD Key...that UPlay won't let me enter anywhere.
    I'm afraid you'll need to contact Ubisoft Technical Support.

I recommend giving them a call.

Gah! I ran the installer and it allowed me to put in AC3... but I have 2 product keys for the DLC and there is no "Add new game" that allows me to add them.

Can't stand Apps that have forms that are impossible to get to unless you do something wacky

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA Volfbane's Avatar
    Please enter the content keys in-game under extras. If you are still having this problem, please try checking the DLC tab under the Assassin's Creed 3 game in the Uplay client. If you require further assistance, please contact your region's Support to verify the codes for you. You may submit a ticket to your region's Support using the main support link in my signature.