Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3: Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback [NO SPOILERS PLEASE] | Forums

Far Cry 3: Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback [NO SPOILERS PLEASE]

Please use this thread for multiplayer gameplay feedback for Far Cry 3

To post single player feedback for Far Cry 3, please go to this thread:

Far Cry 3: Single Player Gameplay Feedback [NO SPOILERS PLEASE]

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

This thread is for reporting what you like and dislike about the game. Please do not go into details about the storyline.

Please contact Ubisoft Support with any bugs you experience in the game.

Bugs and Issues for Consoles can also be posted here:

[Consoles]Official Bug/Known Issues thread.
    Please note that this thread is not a replacement for support and all bugs/issues should be reported to them.

For PC Bugs and Issues, please post here:

[PC]Official Bug/Known Issues thread.
    Same thing: this thread is not a replacement for support and all bugs/issues should be reported to them.

POSTING GAMEPLAY OR STORY SPOILERS MIGHT BE REMOVED AND RESULT IN THE POSTER BEING SUSPENDED.

You are free to discuss topics like graphics, sound, whether or not you enjoyed the game, any anything that does not risk the enjoyment of the game for others.

Your feedback will be read by the team, so please be constructive, concise, and respectful.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ubi_SamSeed; 02-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.

First off I have to say that I think the single player is great, I like the direction of story & the open world gameplay BUT the multiplayer has become a huge disappointment to everyone I know & who has played it. It seems that we have been restricted to a huge degree with hosting our custom maps. I know a lot of serious map authors (me included) are very annoyed, angry & disappointed because we can't host a public lobby with a number of custom maps in rotation (custom map playlist) & set custom match settings, in other words everyone wants to have the same freedom to host & play just as we did in Far Cry 2. There seems to be a LOT of other issues with the multiplayer as well, like drop outs, consoles locking up & freezing & host migration to empty servers (which is hated by many) plus more. There's a lot to discuss & I will try & point players to this thread as best I can. PLEASE take what I've said VERY serious because the multiplayer/custom maps side of things is destroying FAR CRY 3. Most if not all the fans of Far Cry 2 hate the multiplayer & lack of custom settings for hosting custom maps. PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT or you will lose a lot of players/fans.

THANKS & MUCH RESPECT

Fix far cry 3 multiplayer!

the multiplayer has issues that sound of defiantly been fixed during testing and such. its fundamental things that are messed up and ruin the multiplayer till its fixed.

issues

Fix:
    - matchmaking
    - make it able to play with your own team, (good party system)
    - need more standard maps
    - need a browser system to find user made maps(like FC2)
    - need a free for all mode(my opinion)
    - need a steel the sample mode like FCIP, (best game mode i've ever played, just like capture the diamond but you could throw the sample, also very team-based cause you could steal the sample in the enemy base and throw is to a teammate who was waiting outside somewhere).
    - bigger maps with quads and jetski's
    - to the devs: Play some FCIP and FC2 so you know what we are talkin about !!!! People are still playing FCIP after 7 years because it is great fun.
    - stop all the stupid weapon upgrades and mods, gamers are only playing to get their upgrades instead of concentrating on the game itself.
    - if there are plans for FC4, listen to the gamers, play the other games in the series first and learn from it. Tip: the grapics are not that important!! It has to be fun and easy to play!!

As of 12-05-12, the online multiplayer is not playable. By that I mean it takes too much time to get in a game and when you do, the host usually ends up leaving and ending the game. Host Migration does not work how you guys intended it to work. I suggest putting back playlists in order for players to have easy access to matches. You should put playlists but also keep "matchmaking". I feel like changing "matchmaking" to "Quick Match" (to put you in a match that is already in progress) will be of much more help to players who are on the go and want to play a match before leaving. As of right now, I usually have 2 hours to play before school and work. But in those 2 hours I only manage to complete 2 whole matches. The others I get d/c in the lobby or in game.

Also, I know you've heard it a million times, but vehicles. Now, hear me out before you cross me out. Over 90% of your community want vehicles. Ubisoft, there is no reason to not put them. Just give us what we deserve and make your fans happy. I know you think that you know what's best, but we are the true gamers. We want vehicles to have fun again. I have tried to like the multiplayer experience but it's too dry. Far Cry: IP was the most fun I had in a Far Cry game. The feeling of picking up a rocket launcher or sniper from the ground was phenomenal. Driving an ATV with my buddy to the enemy base to then blow them up was fun. This game is more stressful than fun. It's respawning, walking, killing some and dying some. It's nothing new. Vehicles add another element to the game. Are they capturing C? I'll call my buddy with his jeep and his gunners to drive in and spoon them. That-- is team work. Communication is team work, not battle cries. Battles cries should've simply extended the roles of communication within the battlefield. Nobody online (currently) even sticks together because it's just too boring in the sense that they feel like they have no freedom and are forced to play a certain way. Not good.

Custom game lobbies. Map editors showcased their art work in these. Why you guys would take these out is beyond me. I feel like trash. Taking the only things that made Fary Cry: IP and Far Cry 2 good away is depressing.
    Last edited by KOOLUIS; 12-05-2012 at 09:00 AM.

far cry 2 had good lobby system annd way to play with friends so did far cry instincts but this game is by far 1 of the worste multiplayer systems i ever played on

Main Part, Fix the Comms.

Multiplayer

I spend most of my time gaming with other mature wait thats not strictly true, let me rephrase that older gamers as part of a community on the PS3, (Cheap plug www.ps3coffindodgers.com) this community had regular Farcry2 nights at least once a week and FC2 was a massive hit with them. I had been told of the endless fun they had using the map creator to keep the game alive. This was before I had a PS3.
    With this in mind I had mixed conceptions over it, mainly as I thought whilst I like the idea of map making I wouldn’t really be interested in it myself, and then its a case of constantly having new maps and not knowing the way around them which I find frustrating on Battlefield when I go on some of the DLC maps I don’t normally play.
    So I got the game Thursday then Saturday morning I woke up early, so before I went to work I thought I would have a go at the map editor, mainly as I had some time to kill and I’m not allowed to play shooters when the little one is awake.

MAP EDITOR
    So I jumped in having not seen any guides on map making or any feedback etc.
    Had a look at some of the options, you can place animals, weapons, vehicles anywhere you want fantastic, straightaway I saw the flamethrower and thought oo that could be seriously fun so Im going to make it hard to get to so people have to really earn it if they want it. So Anyway I did all this created my first map then noticed the validation section, whats this ? To upload your map you must first validate it to ensure it meets certain criteria to be uploaded ie spawn points, objectives etc. Makes sense.
    Then I read the list of validation points. No AI, No Weapons and No Vehicles! For your map to be used online! What the hell, are you serious this cant be right I’m doing it wrong! NOPE I go onto the FarCry3 Forum to see there is a bit of an uproar about this. People were expecting this in and its not. Holy Crap you have given us the tools to create endless fun but can’t use some it in a way we wanted.
    This is seriously disappointing.
    However I am now addicted to map making which was a surprise even without these additional elements being a part of it.

Lobby System
    As I mentioned before about the single player they have clearly stolen some of the ideas from Red Dead in the openworld element and as we all know Red Dead has the best Multiplayer lobby system ever. The FC3 lobby system is nothing like RDR and is clunky hard to navigate and more something I would expect EA to put out as there menus/UI’s are always hard to work.
    My initial thoughts on this were that it was going to make it a nightmare to put together a proper gaming night with a predetermined rota of user created maps for our communities gaming nights. However, after testing this last night with some pals, this is easy enough to sort and takes less than 1 minute to sort between rounds, similar to the time between rounds on BF3!

User Created Maps
    I played 5 of these last night that had been created by pals and this is incredible and simply what sets FC3 apart from other shooters out there. The scope for these for regular events is just fantastic.
    You can have private matches that you can change about 20 things on, such as regenerative health, spotting and capture time for flags etc, the list goes on and on. BF3 Admins it has more variance than the settings on a private server.

Comms PS3
    These are awful you simply can not talk to each other without background noise being picked up, this has nothing to do with my set up or the set up of people I am gaming with this is a massive issue and something that I have seen reported else on the FC3 forums.
    This game deserves better and the fans of the game deserve better to release a game with unusable comms is a massive disaster and how this got through QA I’ll never know either it did and someone failed in their job, or it did get noticed but Ubisoft proceeded regardless.
    Either way they have let down there fan base with this one.

Given all of the above and the fact that I fully expect the Comms issue to be sorted via a patch and I hope and expect the AI, Weapons and Vehicles for the multiplayer map makers will be released as DLC I have to consider would I recommend this game to someone and what rating would I give it.
    Multi Player rating 9 out of 10.

This is high considering the lack of comms for the game but the rest of the gameplay and the custom maps etc for me mean I can see me playing this for a long time.
    If the comms issues are never sorted which I don’t for a minute think they wont be then there is always skype to get around the comms issues.
    I said after doing it for Battlefield 3 that I wouldn’t do it again for a game and that If they cant get comms right then I will simply trade it in. I have to go back on that as I simply feel Farcry3 is SUCH a good game that I can forgive the comms issues.

Would I recommend ?
    Simply yes the game has lots to offer just as a single player but even more long term as Multiplayer. However be aware that it is not without fault but what game ever is at release. It took DICE a good while to sort the comms out on BF3 however I have since raked up over 300 hours on that game.

@simplychalky - One of the major issues with multiplayer is the lobby system, us map authors & Far Cry fans want the freedom to host a server with custom settings & have a PLAYLIST OF CUSTOM MAPS, we DON'T WANT private matches we would like PUBLIC matches/lobbies so anyone can choose to jump in & play JUST LIKE FAR CRY 2 even BF3 has servers to choose from & so did FC2. I hope there never is DLC to allow AI, Weapons and Vehicles for the multiplayer map makers because why should we be made to pay for something thats already there in the editor, a patch update is all that would be needed thats of course if it's possible at all. If Ubisoft plays it smart & truly supports the mapping community they could earn a lot of DLC profit by releasing item/object packs that map authors can use in their maps & be played by anyone but have editing restrictions for anyone who hasn't purchased the DLC's, to me that is a logical direction to take & would put Far Cry 3 on a whole new level.

There is no way for us to host & showcase our map creations like we did in FC2. I'm about to give up on the FC3 map editor & multiplayer, I mean whats the point I've already tried for 2 hours this evening to get a public match going with my custom map & I do try to create good quality maps & put a lot of effort into them (50+ hours) for people to enjoy. Here's a link to some pics of my FC2 creations for you to decided if they're any good. http://www.flickr.com/photos/89617596@N02/
    Last edited by XX Jaycam XX; 12-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XX Jaycam XX View Post
    @simplychalky - One of the major issues with multiplayer is the lobby system, us map authors & Far Cry fans want the freedom to host a server with custom settings & have a PLAYLIST OF CUSTOM MAPS, we DON'T WANT private matches we would like PUBLIC matches/lobbies so anyone can choose to jump in & play JUST LIKE FAR CRY 2 even BF3 has servers to choose from & so did FC2. I hope there never is DLC to allow AI, Weapons and Vehicles for the multiplayer map makers because why should we be made to pay for something thats already there in the editor, a patch update is all that would be needed thats of course if it's possible at all. If Ubisoft plays it smart & truly supports the mapping community they could earn a lot of DLC profit by releasing item/object packs that map authors can use in their maps & be played by anyone but have editing restrictions for anyone who hasn't purchased the DLC's, to me that is a logical direction to take & would put Far Cry 3 on a whole new level.
    I agree playlist is desirable as are public matches but thats not something that is stopping my enjoyment of the game, it is a huge step back in terms of developement not to have this in FC3 and a strange decision to say the least.

In reference to the paid DLC for AI/Weapons etc yes its already there which begs the question why wasnt it released for multi player? Was it because they knew everyone would want it and some would be prepared to pay it use ? Or was it a capability or techincial issue that stopped them releasing it, in which case the extra dev work could be covered by the DLC costings. I dont buy they didnt add vehicles as this stops team work thats just plain rubbish.

I feel they have looked at all the other games out there releasing DLC and raking in the profits and thought yeah we want some of that.

Extra items as DLC is certainly the way I would expect them to go, why should EA get all the DLC money in the world.

Its probably why for example Police cars werent released in Multi Player in Need for Speed Most Wanted, as I expect it will be DLC.

Give people enough for them to buy the game but keep some back to increase profits post release.

This is maybe the worst multiplayer experience I've had on the 360. It is almost impossible to find a match. I was able to play in part of one game where I could not find the enemy at all. They ma have not even been there. There was just a bunch of my team mates clustered in one spot doing battle cries. And I haven't been able to join another game since. There are much older games with hardly anyone playing them anymore that I could jump in a match sooner than this. Also, I saw in vids of the multiplayer that you can use first person cover like in the campaign. But from my very little experience of running around an empty map it seems like I could not. Why is that?

I don't even understand why you would add a multiplayer feature if you are going to half *** it this bad. The sp is great, why not just focus on that even more?
    Last edited by L8ArthurDent; 12-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast