Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3: Multiplayer Gameplay Feedback [NO SPOILERS PLEASE] | Forums

I am loving this game. The map editor is great and I have spent many an hour in it already (way more then in single player and multi-player modes). The new tools are great (especially the hole tool). I have made two (what I consider to be) detailed maps now (The Assault and Pandora (PS3)) and plan on making many more. The problem is that I cant play them with others online. But you know this of course so I wont say it what's been said already.

So my suggestions:

In editor:

-I need to be able to test my spawn points in the editor which I cant do effectively by myself. Maybe in test mode you should be able to choose what team you want to simulate and have a force re-spawn option that assigns a re-spawn point (as it would in a full game) to allow for this.
    -Please add a smashable window asset.
    -I am not too fussed about vehicles and AI etc, but I don't see the harm in it. Adding them will only make things better for those who want such items in their maps. Maybe just add a vehicle playlist so people who don't want them don't have to use them.

In game:

-There should be a force kill command in the menu for those times you fall in holes on custom maps that you cant get out of. Grenades suffice, but we don't all have one all the time.
    -I feel we should be able to tag custom maps as 'broken' if we feel they are indeed broken. I also think (and I know it seems harsh) that there should be a way to dislike maps if we think that they are really terrible. Basically 1-5 star ratings was a good system, even though some people get upset at getting a 1 star rating. Its constructive criticism, not bullying.
    -The grenades don't seem to go where I aim. I feel they need just a little tweak. It is possible to learn their trajectories, but I feel it would be easier if they just went where the cursor was.

Overall however, I think once the bugs are ironed out this will be a cracking game. Please do overhaul the lobby system and matchmaking. Its the only real deal breaker for me.

Best of luck
    Last edited by CheifTom; 12-05-2012 at 05:31 PM.

The reason you cannot rate maps from 1-5 stars is because too many people would trash a map's rating so their own map can get more recognition.

so hard and too much difference with level

you kills people in two shots, there is too much difference in level and equipment are too different for example I am level 20 and one level 18 heavy armor has a level 36

I enjoyed what I was able to play. Took a long time to find a game last night. Once I was in, it went pretty well. Here are things to consider:

- Loadouts - Assigning skills and equipment is confusing. Hard to tell what I'm doing there.
    - The player count on every gametype is much lower than is probably true. The most populated last night was Domination with less than 500 people. Couldn't be right for release night. Are we restricted by region? What is the reason for this?
    - The unlock system. All in all, I like the pace of the unlocks, but the benefits are too unbalanced. As you unlock things, you will always have more options, but those options shouldn't be guaranteed improvements. A large grenade pouch gives you an advantage of more grenades, but should also have a consequence, like slower movement or something like that. You have to balance the playing field for lower ranked players. Otherwise, they will always be dominated and not want to play.

I'll play more tonight and let you know what else comes up. It is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by slimphilthy View Post
    I enjoyed what I was able to play. Took a long time to find a game last night. Once I was in, it went pretty well. Here are things to consider:

- Loadouts - Assigning skills and equipment is confusing. Hard to tell what I'm doing there.
    - The player count on every gametype is much lower than is probably true. The most populated last night was Domination with less than 500 people. Couldn't be right for release night. Are we restricted by region? What is the reason for this?
    - The unlock system. All in all, I like the pace of the unlocks, but the benefits are too unbalanced. As you unlock things, you will always have more options, but those options shouldn't be guaranteed improvements. A large grenade pouch gives you an advantage of more grenades, but should also have a consequence, like slower movement or something like that. You have to balance the playing field for lower ranked players. Otherwise, they will always be dominated and not want to play.

I'll play more tonight and let you know what else comes up. It is fun!
    The larger grenade pouch does have a consequence, it takes up two slots. So you have to sacrifice body armor etc. I feel that the mods are the things that give the edge to experienced players, they do have consequences but they sometimes don't seem severe enough for the benefits. You can rly stack stats as a veteran (like damage using warrior mods + hot rounds, etc). I love the customisability, but it makes the learning curve steep. But maybe that's ok. Look at other FPS's, play a game of CoD or Battlefield as a beginner, you don't last long either (unless your a freaky natural). It's just 'cos the experienced players play soooo much it makes it an uphill struggle for new players. Well that's the feeling I get at least. Just an opinion though

they need to give the licence back to cry tec guys . I mean these guys at ubisoft cant get frycry down they are lost a complete joke and waste of everyone money dont buy.Every Farcry i buy i think its going to be better then the last and truthfully it ends up sucking worst then the one before. Look at the map editor for crying out load what a misleading joke i would fire you all if i was president of Ubi Soft what the heck are you thinking . An 8 years old game on 360 farcry one had vehicles and zip lines you say big deal we as cunsumers say yeah a very big deal get your head out of your @$$. Pretty stupid let down i should of known not to buy there game it will never be what it use to be fun ,interesting, limitless. now where left with another crapy multi player game witch make map makeing pointless and **** did it look good why no cars you guys need to fix asap if you want your game to sell better its a big deal same with zip lines . Thanks poor exscuse for a company wow has UbiSoft been going down hill fast lately.no cars are you serious

Feedback that I know would be easy to implement:
    - Better lobby system, allow friends to play together and on the same team. Don't put a party of 4 friends into a match that only has 3 slots and then kick one player. Only look for lobby's with enough free space.
    - Add an option to Vote to Skip a map in the lobby, not just in-game.

Feedback that's a bit of a stretch:
    - Add a Free for All mode.
    - Add a "Steal the Sample" type of mode ala FC:IP, and allow the sample/flag to be thrown/passed off to other players also.
    - Add more Team Support weapons.

Overall FC3's MP is actually very fun, and I can live without vehicles. I'm very impressed with how smoothly it plays, and it's such a huge improvement over FC2! You can't even compare them, FC3 just blows it out of the water so good.

Map Editor and custom games. What happened? FC2 had everything.

Don't make it about graphics.

It has always been about the soul of gameplay. Look at the reviews. Your doing great! Why not make it even more better by listening to what Far Cry fans want.

What the Map Editor needs for that great experience:

+ Needs to be an infinite amount of time and score to play some custom maps (Due to no voting in game to extend time but maps can be skipped which means it can be ended).

+ Needs to be public custom map hosting.

+ Need a kick/ban option when public map hosting goes live.

+ Physical objects need to come back to the map editor (Limits potential map editing by a great amount).

+ Vehicles need to come back to the map editor (Limits potential map editing by a great amount).

+ I have noticed that the Validation for ladders in the Map Editor is a bit buggy. Not sure why you added this in as Map Makers test their maps anyway.

I hope to hear some news from the developers about the Map Editor some time very soon as they are currently fixing other issues which is fair enough.

My one request.....

I would like to see the movement speed (Walking and running) made a bit faster. as it is now is seems like you walk and run just a touch slower than you should (and oddly enough just a touch slower than how the Singleplayer feels). I know that two teams developed it so I get the disconnect but this is something that needs to be polished up! Fly some of the ubi montreal people to Massive to help with this. The singleplayer movement speed, feel, and responsiveness are perfect and just need to be echoed in the multiplayer please!

HI there, I do have some gripes about the Multiplayer, being an AVID Far Cry 2 player on my previous account (XBL Name: zR xW0LFx, previously LivingLukee rank 24 I think?), I grew a certain love for how the multiplayer was set up in Far Cry 2. I enjoyed the banning, map picking, server list, switch teams, voting, the slow pace, etc. However the new set up, in my opinion, just isn't realistic for Far Cry 3. I understand where Ubisoft was trying to go through by adding a sort of find match function, it just isn't realistic for the small player base of Far Cry multiplayer. And AT THE VERY LEAST if your going to have a quick match system, you better have party support, which it doesn't. In other words I propose the traditional system of Far Cry and Rainbow Six, where you have server lists and hosts, switch teams, map picking, etc. This will get MUCH more use, and also support for private matches would be extremely helpful for competitive gaming. That's all I can write right now, I may edit this later.

Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast