Page 39 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Mods for Far Cry 3 | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by olliechapman87 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this!

All these HUD mods are superb but I'm desperate to see something that resets the enemy outposts to hostile again. Not just for fun of shooting them up again but also for the radius of dynamic enemy encounters around the outpost. People shrug this off by saying "start a new game" but that defeats the object. I would like to continue playing with all the stuff I've unlocked from the story missions and get back into the fight. I could play for countless hours more if this was the case.

I've noticed a few people asking for the same thing which is a relief considering the massive negative responses to Far Cry 2's outpost respawning (something that I thought was brilliant and kept me engaged with the game for weeks).

Does anyone who's modding this game think resetting the outposts is possible? Or is that part of the programming just too deep and complicated to tamper with? I feel the perfect result would be for any outpost captured by the player to reset back to it's hostile state after 24/48 hours (in-game hours) providing the player isn't within a certain distance from the outpost. Unfortunately I'm no programmer, but can anyone else shed some light on this being a possibility?

Many thanks
    im also into a mod like this. sadly the mods so far seem to a be an on\off mods. not scripts or any other programming involved so i dont think that's possible.
    if it was possible to have certain outposts repopulate after a random time it could've been great. not all of them at once but some after a day, others after 3. randomly.

just a shame the second island is so boring to have fire fights at and that enemies arent hostile when not provoked. ruins the second half of the game for me.

QUESTION:
    is there a compilation of the attachments mod that only changes the HUD into NOT having the red AI dots on the mini map?
    Last edited by adarwinter; 12-09-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    A Difficulty setting maker for Assassin's creed 2:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/3621035448

MY RIG: Q6600, 2GB ram, HD4870 512mb, win XP

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Found it! How to remove the wallhack tagging when using the camera. Back up your files first!

Open the FC3.dll and/or FC3_d3d11.dll (depending on what you use) in any hex editor. Search for the following hex array:
    Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 61
    Change the last value from 61 to 6F, so it reads like so:
    Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 6F
    Lastly, do a search for the following array:

Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 00
    Change the second to last value from 73 to 6F, so it reads like so:

Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 6F 00
    Essentially, you're renaming the commands ShowThroughWallsAlpha to ShowThroughWallsAlpho and ShowThroughWalls to ShowThroughWallo, which nullfies the commands when they're called.
    Last edited by KyodanXD; 12-11-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Added additional array to edit to get rid of animal wallhack

If anyone's made any progress editing NPC/ enemy parameters, namely health of the different enemy types and ammo count on loot, let me know.

My goal is to edit the ammo count for loot, (enemies firing on full auto with only 15 rounds on death makes little sense) as well as either replacing all instances of heavies with normal enemies, or changing the health of heavies to something more realistic, and at least in my perspective, more enjoyable and rewarding.

To my knowledge, the encrypted parameters of the NPC's are located in fc3_main/generated/entitylibrary/11_FC3_NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by KyodanXD View Post
    Found it! How to remove the wallhack tagging when using the camera. Back up your files first!

Open the FC3.dll and/or FC3_d3d11.dll (depending on what you use) in any hex editor. Search for the following hex array:
    Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 61
    Change the last value from 61 to 6F, so it reads like so:
    Code:
    53 68 6F 77 54 68 72 6F 75 67 68 57 61 6C 6C 73 41 6C 70 68 6F
    Essentially, you're renaming the command ShowThroughWallsAlpha to ShowThroughWallsAlpho, which nullfies the command when it's called.
    nice!

impressive work so far!
    but im wondering, is it possible to overwrite the default skin of the player-character with the one of the soldier uniform acquired in doppelganger?
    Those bare hands are quite ugly compared to the nice black-yellowy gloves imho

What about the brightness/contrast/gamma settings in GameProfile.xml
    Has anyone tried changing the gamma to see if it's possible to get the game to look a little more realistic and not so cartoon-ish?

Updated compilation:

Version 1.3:
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo

http://rghost.net/42133199

P.S. wow you're coming up with new mods faster than I can merge them together

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulsGold View Post
    If anyone's made any progress editing NPC/ enemy parameters, namely health of the different enemy types and ammo count on loot, let me know.

My goal is to edit the ammo count for loot, (enemies firing on full auto with only 15 rounds on death makes little sense) as well as either replacing all instances of heavies with normal enemies, or changing the health of heavies to something more realistic, and at least in my perspective, more enjoyable and rewarding.

To my knowledge, the encrypted parameters of the NPC's are located in fc3_main/generated/entitylibrary/11_FC3_NPC.
    Don't refer to things you don't understand as encrypted. That data is not encrypted.

Quote Originally Posted by virossi View Post
    impressive work so far!
    but im wondering, is it possible to overwrite the default skin of the player-character with the one of the soldier uniform acquired in doppelganger?
    Those bare hands are quite ugly compared to the nice black-yellowy gloves imho
    That would have been cool!

In fact, now that's basically everything possible has been removed from the UI, let's focus on adding something cool!
    Last edited by Uplaysuxor; 12-09-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyodanXD View Post
    Added to the compilation:

Version 1.4:
    Better Sights 1.2 by Khenaz
    Beverhund HUD mod compilation
    Leechmongers attachement mod
    KyodanXD Objective icon removal
    object blinking removal by tom.solo
    Wallhack removal by KyodanXD

http://rghost.net/42133851
    Last edited by Uplaysuxor; 12-11-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Page 39 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast