Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AC3 DLC Has Reset My Game! HELP! | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Looks like I was spared from whatever is happening to some people. Wish **** like this never happened to anyone.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

LOL, do they even test this stuff? hey Ubi, its called QUALITY CONTROL. It s this management department that tests the new stuff out so it doesnt ruin your customers experience.
    I'm starting to regret even paying an extra $30 just to possibly get my save data erased. Oh well, here goes....

For what its worth, please see the chain over here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post5442478

Some folks there are reporting that if you keep playing while it downloads in the background, you will run into problems. HOWEVER, if you start the download, and then exit to the dashboard until the download is done, then you'll be okay.

There is also some debate there over whether or not having any of the pre-order missions has an impact. So far everyone involved has one form of pre-order or another.

I do not have any of the pre-order missions, but I have not tried downloading this yet. So, I CANNOT confirm anything reported. Please read the posts in that forum for more detailed info.

Am I the only one who has had the exact opposite happen? Main mission data still intact, but ALL of side missions have reset. Underground Fast Travel Spots: Gone. Homestead Missions: Gone. Hunting Society, Frontiersmen, View Points, Liberation, etc: All GONE/RESET.

I would almost prefer it to be main mission data loss, because this is going to require LOTS of running around doing tedious crap!

I was playing the game while DLC downloaded, and it happened right in the middle of the game. One second everything was fine, the next second I leave the homestead and EVERYTHING was back on my maps as if I had never done a thing. Annoying doesn't begin to cover it.

Same thing happened to me. I was playing while the DLC was downloading in the background, when suddenly it went to the opening sequence of the game and all my story quest DNA was reset. All side missions seem to be intact though.

Just a quick heads up, we're able to reproduce this issue at the studio and are working on a fix/workaround.

From what we can tell, this problem seems to be rare and should generally only affect a very small number of players. That said, we're taking the speedy and complete resolution of this very seriously.

AVOIDING THIS BUG: Do not load your saved AC3 game while the DLC is downloading in the background. This appears to be the key trigger for this bug. You can do anything else you want to do, just don't load up your saved game and play it while the DLC is downloading.
    Last edited by UbiGabe; 12-06-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity.
    Twitter = http://twitter.com/UbiGabe
    Covering Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed 2

Quote Originally Posted by UbiGabe View Post
    Just a quick heads up, we're able to reproduce this issue at the studio and are working on a fix/workaround.

From what we can tell, this problem seems to be rare and should generally only affect a very small number of players. That said, we're taking the speedy and complete resolution of this very seriously.

AVOIDING THIS BUG: Do not load your saved AC3 game while the DLC is downloading in the background. This appears to be the key trigger for this bug. You can do anything else you want to do, just don't load up your saved game and play it while the DLC is downloading.
    Thanks for the update, Gabe. From your testing so far, does there appear to be any hope of recovering the lost progress? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by UbiGabe View Post

Thank you.
    Please, call me "Aegis".

Signature Banner created by Aegis Runestone (AKA WarriorAegis) 2011.
    Assassin's Creed: The Legendary Hero - Won Fanon of the Month - May

I Already had Mayan ruins & Sharpshooter DLC .

I'm on PS3 - Secrets pack Downloaded just fine - no problems .
    All DNA strands & side missions still say 100% - No resets or memory corruption.

(Not a console war So let's not start one - but seems to be a lot X360 guys reporting this fault / glitch in this thread)
    Last edited by montagemik; 12-06-2012 at 01:46 AM.

"Enjoy your Animus - Or get your A** out of the Chair"

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFal View Post
    Check your save game data on your hard drive, i have the same problem but the game says i now have two saves on my hard drive. 1 saying 1A and the other saying 1B so i am hoping the 1A is my main save game and this 1B is the one that has just been created due to this stupid bug. Can anyone who hasn't had this done to them yet on Xbox360 confirm there is only 1 save file on your hard drive and is called 1A?
    I saw the 1A and 1B thing too. What is that?
    Lorem Ipsum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast