Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 3 crashes to desktop at first loading screen | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 crashes to desktop at first loading screen

HEY GUYS!! I FIXED THE ISSUE! THIS IS THE ONLY FIX TO STOP FAR CRY 3 NOT WORKING AND BEING A WASTE OF MONEY! SEND IT BACK TO AMAZON AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK LIKE I DID! JUST SAY IT DOESN'T WORK WITH WINDOWS 8! UBISOFT ARE FRENCH ***GOTS AND CLEARLY CAN'T MAKE GAMES! LAST TIME I BUY A UBISOFT GAME HAHAAHAHAHAHAH

As title says; I can't get past the loading screen. This is NOT the issue where it infinity loads, it's an issue where it crashes to the desktop saying "Far Cry 3 has stopped responding" after an average of like 10 seconds. I am running Windows 8 64-bit (I know I know Windows 8 is crap blah blah blah) I have an AMD FX-6100, 8GB of RAM and a 6870. Things have tried: Running Far Cry 3 with DX9, running it in compatibility mode and as administrator, updating my video card drivers, running it in "safe mode", running it in offline mode and totally reinstalling it. Am I the only one with this issue? Please help. This is really frustrating me as I can't play with my friend and he's now at work so that's that out the window. .

HEY GUYS!! I FIXED THE ISSUE! THIS IS THE ONLY FIX TO STOP FAR CRY 3 NOT WORKING AND BEING A WASTE OF MONEY! SEND IT BACK TO AMAZON AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK LIKE I DID! JUST SAY IT DOESN'T WORK WITH WINDOWS 8! UBISOFT ARE FRENCH ***GOTS AND CLEARLY CAN'T MAKE GAMES! LAST TIME I BUY A UBISOFT GAME HAHAAHAHAHAHAH
    Last edited by daylight95; 12-09-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

same problem after my antivirus asks permissions and i allow it just crashes me to desktop ?

Quote Originally Posted by miksu1233 View Post
    same problem after my antivirus asks permissions and i allow it just crashes me to desktop ?
    I use avast, and it doesn't prompt me for anything. I just get on the very first loading screen and after an average of 5-15 seconds it crashes straight to "Far Cry 3 has stopped responding"

Same here just crashes after the first loading screen.

SAME
    tried win 7 compat enabled fail
    latests of all drivers for system /game/ launcher etc fail
    tried diff resolutions on desktop fail..
    ALL MY STEAM GAMES (Bordalands2,deusex,dirt3,gta4) WORK lol ubisoft seriously amateur launch of a game supposedly getting 10/10...

I can't load either,

windows 8 64bit version (you might not like it but I do)
    i7 3770 ivybridge
    asus HD7970 DCU2 3gb card (up to date with gpu tweak)
    8 G memory

everything it up to date...hell the motherboard is more up to date that this frickin game

run dam you !

Why are there so many issues with this ****ing game? And people say Ubisoft are triple A publishers....

Had the following problem:
    -Game would boot, was able access the main menu
    -Game crashed (Windows even unresponsive) as soon as I would start a single player game.

With the following system:
    -Q6600
    -ATI Radeon 7850
    -Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation

I downloaded the latest Catalyst Beta drivers (12.11), problem didn't occur again. Hopefully this will work for you too.

Have the same problem here. It's only on my laptop (Processeur Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM - Intel® HM77 - NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 680M - Windows 8), my other desktop computer work very well (both with steam buyingand Windows 8 too).

I tried everything described here, even offline, installing the latest beta driver from NVidia, and reinstalling the game with Steam.

Same problem!
    I have Windows 8 64bit
    Motherboard Asus Maximus V Extreme
    I7 3770
    Asus GTX670
    16Gb ram
    Sound Blaster Z

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast