Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed 3 PC Xbox controller problem | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Assassin's Creed 3 PC Xbox controller problem

Hello

I have an Xbox Controller for Windows that I've been using to play most of my games. But there's no option to select this in AC3. I want to play this game with a controller really badly.
    Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I might not have been very clear. What I meant to say was, the xbox option doesn't show up in the controller combo settings inside the game.
    It does not show up in the controller type settings
    Last edited by aditya21nov; 11-29-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi aditya20nov,

Before open the game, make sure you have turn on xb360 controller and install the offical ms xb360 controller driver.

After start the game, in main screen, select controller option, You will see the xbox360 controller option.

I had similar issues with certain games not recognizing my controller (yes I do have the driver/software installed).
    The trick was to UNPLUG the controller, start the game, and once you're in the main menu plug it in and the game will recognize it and let you select it in the controls options.
    For me I have to do this every time I want to play Borderlands 2, Sleeping Dogs, or NFS Most Wanted. Give it a try....

Massive thanks to both of you guys for replying to me!
    I figured out what my problem was. A couple of months ago, my controller had been acting weird while playing Sleeping Dogs, so I did some messing around with it...
    I went to device manager and uninstalled the driver for the Xbox, and when I plugged it back in and opened AC3, It was there ! I'm so happy!

Thank you very much!

Hello
    I need help. I installed AC3 in pc but i am unable to assign any usb network joystick controls. It is detecting my device and i can play also but i can't change controllers. It is showing
    !UNKNOWN in front of every Action in setting.

Pls help i m dying to play AC3 with joystick.
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL2748; 12-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Assassin's Creed 3 is a great game, so I hear. I can't play it properly without a gamepad. Are we abandoned Ubisoft? Can we not use the most widely used gamepads in the PC gamer community? Does PC not have a place here anymore? Why sell a game to the PC community if we can't use common hardware like an XBox 360 controller or a Logitech Rumblepad 2? I have years of technial backround with PC's and everything I have tried failed. I will abandon Ubisoft forever and launch my own smear campaign against the company if my fifty US dollars can't buy basic support for a great game title.
    Last edited by kalliosuoma; 12-06-2012 at 08:55 AM.

The manual recommends using the XBOX 360 Controller pad so I bought one, installed it and my system automatically acquired drivers for it. I started the game for the first time and was able to select the XBOX Controller. But....the only buttons that work on the controller are the two that control movement and the camera. I can't figure out how to pause the game or exit it. I've gotta hunch I need to download some additional software in order to use the controller with AC3. Any advice would be appreciated.

bump! have they even listed Compatible controllers? what is getting me the most is reading several articles by the game's developers saying you need a controller to play on the PC yet no support?
    Ubisoft is losing points in my book now -------

I actually use a PS3 DualShock 3 Controller using an Bluetooth adapter and MotionJoy drivers. I have to force the PS3 controller to emulate an Xbox controller for it to work correctly, but after some minor glitches it works like a charm! If you have a 360 controller and Windows recognizes it properly AC3 should automatically choose this as the primary controller once you startup the game.

Thanks Mike. Even though the drivers had been installed automatically, I went to the Microsoft site and installed some more software for the device. Then I started a "Brand New" AC3 game and everything worked like a charm. I'm in bidness (until the first crash, that is). ....Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast