Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will I need Uplay in order to play Far Cry 3? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

How are legit buyers "hurt" by installing Uplay? It really isn't that bad. Activates the game when you first install and ties it to your account. No different to Steam or Origin, and certainly not worth missing out on FC3 becuase you have to install another CMS. Get used it, all the publishers will be going down this route soon enough!
    ]
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I pre orederd far cry 3 on PC but i can't see the game in my Uplay account under the Games tab. Do i have to wait for the game to be released ? It's my first experience with Uplay software

Post moved.
    Last edited by tharford; 11-29-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Post moved.
    Last edited by tharford; 11-29-2012 at 12:48 AM.

My Uplay account got hacked, i don't like Uplay because of that, i didn't leak any information and i haven't got help, but i have Far Cry 3, i just wanna get this clear do i need Uplay to play this game for a PC?

So basically even though I downloaded this game on steam, I am being forced to use uPlay? I don't understand what the point was? Is there an option not to use it? On the ubi website it says "If you use Steam to play Far Cry 3, the installation will begin automatically when launching the game." but if I open this game in steam, it just opens uplay?

For 1 point uPlay is good - when the game freezes (happens a lot) you can kill the game (task manager) but uPlay still works and saved the game progress to the cloud.
    AMD FX-8320 / GA 990FXA-UD3v3 / 8GB HyperX 1600 / GV-R6850C-1GD / 1x ST1000DX001 1x WD10EZEX 1x STBV2000300 / Win7x64

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf_GB View Post
    How are legit buyers "hurt" by installing Uplay? It really isn't that bad. Activates the game when you first install and ties it to your account. No different to Steam or Origin, and certainly not worth missing out on FC3 becuase you have to install another CMS. Get used it, all the publishers will be going down this route soon enough!
    Somebody from Africa posted about how requiring a functioning inet connection to activate a game purchased on DVD was a detriment to him. So legit buyers can be affected by the uplay model of game activation. The problem wasn't with installing uplay, rather that uplay demanded inet connectivity before opening the door to gameplay. Imho, he made a fair point.
    i7-875k @3.89, GTX 670 @1267/6840, ASUS P7P55D-E-PRO, Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600 cl8, Silverstone 750W, Asetek 550

Uplay is another coffee card that I don't want (or need).

What do I mean by this? (You may well ask)

My wallet (physical one... you know, in your pocket) has my driver's licence, my record of service card (retired military), a bank card, a credit card and 26 different coffee cards! I've got a Starbucks card, I've got a Tim Horton's card, a Serious Coffee card, a Blenz card, a Sunnyside Café card and many more. My wallet has grown to the size of a small foreign car just because of the various "coffee" cards... and I'm including the Best Buy Rewards, HBC Rewards and all other reward cards in that category. Do I really need them... probably not... do I save money with a little bit of info given... yes I do. Do I want them? No I don't.

Now the difference here is not one of intent, it's one of choice. I CHOSE to carry a wallet the size of a Fiat in order to get cheaper coffee. I did not choose Uplay. I had Uplay forced on me and I don't want it. I have chosen Steam as my content provider and I log on to Steam, buy a game, install it and then have to wait again while it connects to Uplay before I can play it. I know why Steam didn't mention the forced registration before I purchased it... because I wouldn't have purchased it knowing that I have to wait for Uplay EVERY TIME I go to play the game!

Thank goodness I have all these Coffee Cards, it gives me something to do while I wait for Uplay to let me play a game I legally purchased.

Last Ubisoft game I ever buy.

Barsoom
    Last edited by Barsoom44; 04-29-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling

That's what I like too - if anything happens to your game it's always saved. Only thing I don't like is that I have to launch it through steam, I can't launch Uplay directly appearently because then it says I have no games installed. Weird..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast