Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will I need Uplay in order to play Far Cry 3? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Will I need Uplay in order to play Far Cry 3?

After I've activated the game will I be able to uninstall Uplay and still play the game?

This a deal breaker for me, I'm unbelievably annoyed that the game isn't on Steam in the UK, yet it's available in every other country on Steam and there is no word of when there will be a UK release. I like Steam, it's a good platform, I don't mind having it installed, but I also have Origin for Battlefield 3, which I don't like and I'll be ****ed if I'm having yet another DRM service on my machine just to play one game.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Uplay is required. You can't uninstall it. It is annoying, but it definitely isn't as annoying as Origin. It needs to do a online check when you first start up the game, and needs to run in the background, but it doesn't keep checking online or anything like that.

You don't need uplay to play it, but it's a great feature and gives you rewards.

Edit*
    I'm talking about PS3
    Last edited by bent_toe; 11-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.

It doesn't give you anything that isn't already there.

Uplay is nothing but a nuisance.

Yeah I won't be buying it then, didn't have this problem with the original or far cry 2. Thanks for the help though

Not purchasing FC3 because it isn't on steam is kind of stupid really, i mean, Uplay, Origin, Steam, they all do the same thing, i have had more problems with the steam client than Origin and Uplay put together, but they all work as intended. But it's your choice at the end of the day and maybe your loss because of a very trivial matter. You should be more concerned if Ubisoft have done a good job on FC3 for the PC, hahaha!, no DirectX 11 so we're on console DX9.0C, wut!!, hehehe!, and, according to PCGAMER's review... The engine doesn’t quite suit the jungle as beautifully as it did the African desert in Far Cry 2,Doh!, hahahehe and i far crysalot

Hi There,

Uplay on PC is a content delivery system, it also cloud syncs your save games, so if your able to play on multiple PCs - your game is always saved to a central location.

It also gives rewards for ingame actions - such as bonus content.

The DRM is a one time only activation, after that you can play offline though.

Uplay is needed for the PC version.

uplay is not too bad (for xbox) but ill rather just get all the content for that game, when i get the game, without having to unlock them (unless you unlock them like achievements)
    Top 5 games coming soon, ish:
    Far Cry 3_______Halo 4_______Battlefield 4_______GTA 5_______Watch Dogs
    (well, Halo is out now, but is such an awesome game, iv gotta keep it on da list, and the same as Far cry)

(Not any stupid Cod games!! )

Quote Originally Posted by AgentI3 View Post
    (unless you unlock them like achievements)
    Which is what Uplay basically does

You complete an objective 'Action' - such as killing 100 enemies and your unlock a 'Reward' amount of points..

You are then free to spend those points on a unlock for the game, or any other Uplay enabled game

Quote Originally Posted by GuZZ33 View Post
    Not purchasing FC3 because it isn't on steam is kind of stupid really, i mean, Uplay, Origin, Steam, they all do the same thing, i have had more problems with the steam client than Origin and Uplay put together, but they all work as intended. But it's your choice at the end of the day and maybe your loss because of a very trivial matter. You should be more concerned if Ubisoft have done a good job on FC3 for the PC, hahaha!, no DirectX 11 so we're on console DX9.0C, wut!!, hehehe!, and, according to PCGAMER's review... The engine doesn’t quite suit the jungle as beautifully as it did the African desert in Far Cry 2,Doh!, hahahehe and i far crysalot
    I like Steam, I know they essentially all do the same thing but the point is that I don't actually need steam in the first place, it's a compromise. I cannot be expected to install a new digital distribution service every time I want to buy a new game, one is enough but three separate programs? No thanks.

It's such a shame that methods used to deter piracy end up hurting or annoying legitimate buyers. Not to mention Far Cry 3 is a console port that doesn't even have dedicated servers. Kudos for the fov slider though.
    Last edited by trace_hunter; 11-28-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast