Thread: Nostromo speedpad n52, with stick & pedals yes or no? | Forums

Heres the deal, as much as I would like to get a ch throttle & joy stick, I cannot afford them in the near future. My boys showed me a review for the speedpad n52(they're into fps games) & I can get it for $30 from a friend. So my question is would it work with my thrustmaster elite pedals, POS foxpro2 joystick & TIR2. Sure would be nice to be able to map the keys for bombing and engine management to it, if it will work.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Heres the deal, as much as I would like to get a ch throttle & joy stick, I cannot afford them in the near future. My boys showed me a review for the speedpad n52(they're into fps games) & I can get it for $30 from a friend. So my question is would it work with my thrustmaster elite pedals, POS foxpro2 joystick & TIR2. Sure would be nice to be able to map the keys for bombing and engine management to it, if it will work.

I love my n52! I use it with a Saitek Cyborg evo. Best $40 (US) I've ever spent. It should work just fine with pedals.

Thanks, another ? or 2. Do you use the profile for IL2 from the belkin site, or have you found others in a forum perhaps. I read that the software included isn't really neccessary to set up the key board, that you can just assign the keys in the FB AEP HOTAS setup.
    Another thing that concerns me is the number of devices that FB AEP supports. Currantly I have two the stick & pedals, and I thought 2 was the max that FB AEP would use. Would the n52 come up as another device or would the keys be avalable for assignment like part of the keyboard?

1. No I don't use the profile fom the Belkin site. I just played around for a while and finally got it set to my preferences.
    I use the Loadout Manager and the Profile Editor from Belkin. I like it. It lets me set up profiles for all the games and programs that I use.

2. I can't answer this one.

Our Ops officer uses it and he swears by it. Me Im an X45 kinda guy. LOL.. I remember the first time I saw one of those sticks i said..WHAT!!??? $79 for a joystick??!! No way..... LOL.. well I did get mine on sale for $49 but still... it is worth it IMO. But I have heards good things about the Nostromo if thats your cup of tea.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | Sturmovik Essentials | MUDMOVERS

IMMERSION BABY!!

I have the n50, a MS SW FFB2 and CH pro pedals, everything works fine. I use the FFB on the stick, too.

I love the nostromo. It takes a little while to program, but once you get the hang of it, you can do some neat things. You can set up macros which you can set up 1-key stroke landing or take off profile (set flaps, set prop pitch, set throttle, etc.).

The only thing I don't like about the n50 is that the throttle is not as smooth as I'd like. It will go from 110% to 107% then 103%, 95%, 92%, 86$, etc., as I slowly drop throttle from full bore. My throttle on the SW FFB2 stick is much smoother and will get all the percentiles.