Ok, personally I'm tired of people always making these "MY FAR CRY IZ SLOW!! OMFOGMG *cry cry cry* etc etc etc. now I hate to come in here unknown and start acting like a fool but i'm afraid that people should read what a good friend of mine has to say:
Anyway first far cry minimum specs:
* Supported OS: Windowsâ® 98SE/2000/XP (only)
* Processor: AMD Athlonâ™ 1 GHz or Pentiumâ® III 1 GHz
* RAM: 256 MB
* Video Card: 64 MB DirectXâ® 9.0b-compatible graphics card (see supported list)
* Sound Card: DirectXâ® 9.0b-compatible PCI card
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (included on disc)
* CD-ROM: 4x DVD or 16x CD-ROM
* Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
* Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps upstream to host 8 players)
And my specs:
Processor: P4 2.4 ghz
Video Card: 32 MB GeForce 4 420 GO This card is NOT on the supported list
Sound Card: Some junkie laptop video card. Needless to say it's not up to specs
DX Version: 9, but my video card doesn't support a lot of the new stuff so it doesn't really matter
CD-ROM: Something that is above specs. I can't be arsed to find out.
HD Space: Obviously enough
Multiplayer: T1 line
So basically in the graphics area, I am far, FAR below spec.
Not bad eh?
I run far cry at 1024 X 760 with everything on medium. Far Cry also runs smooth, i'm not too sure about my real FPS but gets mildly chuggy if I lob 6 grenades on the ground or something of the like"
Thus showing people really really really need to optimize, ( oh and note my friend is using a lap top )
I would suggest EVERYONE ( I mean everyone ) to go here for optimization tutorials, trust me if I can do it you can too ( I'm the biggest computer idiot ever )
well then good luck, and sorry for the asshattery.