Thread: A mind twister for you. [spoilers] | Forums

  1. #1

    A mind twister for you. [spoilers]

    I did not find anywhere else to put this.

    So here's a mind twister for you, tell me your opinions. here's the Scenario.

    200 years after the events of AC3's Desmond stuff you are an assassin who needs to relive the life of Desmond for some reason. You are in an Animus playing as Desmond. what happens when Desmond is in the Animus. Do you see him in the Animus or do you see who he's seeing? Can you control Desmond only or Desmond and his ancestor?

    This is just a fun little question lol.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,088
    Assassin Creed Revelations has the same Scenario..

    So since you control the Ancestor who`s controlling the earlier Ancestor, You`re controlling the Earlier Ancestor when your later Ancestor does..
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,543
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Assassin Creed Revelations has the same Scenario..

    So since you control the Ancestor who`s controlling the earlier Ancestor, You`re controlling the Earlier Ancestor when your later Ancestor does..
    Lol, I just about got that!
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Assassinception!!
    Share this post

  5. #5
    mysticwolf83's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    222
    [END GAME SPOILERS]:

    You cannot play as Desmond if you assume he is deceased after the events of the series since he passes no genetic memory to a descendant; however, you could assume to relive the life of William Miles, assuming he goes on to have another child, in which you could relive the moments of Assassin's Creed III and observe Desmond through William Miles' perspective, enough time to observe Juno and Minerva's discussion before escaping the Temple. Or to some extent you could choose a descendant of Shaun or Rebecca; however they don't really explore the Animus to this Inception scenario. The only way you could hope to directly act with Desmond is if he stored pieces of his identification in a digital construct as Subject Sixteen had done in Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as he eventually revealed in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by mystic_wolf83 Go to original post
    [END GAME SPOILERS]:

    You cannot play as Desmond if you assume he is deceased after the events of the series since he passes no genetic memory to a descendant; however, you could assume to relive the life of William Miles, assuming he goes on to have another child, in which you could relive the moments of Assassin's Creed III and observe Desmond through William Miles' perspective, enough time to observe Juno and Minerva's discussion before escaping the Temple. Or to some extent you could choose a descendant of Shaun or Rebecca; however they don't really explore the Animus to this Inception scenario. The only way you could hope to directly act with Desmond is if he stored pieces of his identification in a digital construct as Subject Sixteen had done in Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood as he eventually revealed in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
    this.

    plus the modern day pause screen is not an animus screen although that could be overlooked.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Maybe all this time someones been reliving the life of desmond; reliving the lives of his ancestors
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,088
    Originally Posted by scooper121s Go to original post
    Maybe all this time someones been reliving the life of desmond; reliving the lives of his ancestors
    Nah, They already eliminated that in an Interview with Corey
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Nah, They already eliminated that in an Interview with Corey
    he could have lied; that's spoiler territory, and technically arn't we reliving the life of desmond; reliving the lives of his ancestors
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    24,088
    Originally Posted by scooper121s Go to original post
    he could have lied; that's spoiler territory, and technically arn't we reliving the life of desmond; reliving the lives of his ancestors
    Lied ?? xD He was not even asked the specific question. He was the one that brought it up and even if he was asked, he was probably gonna refuse talking about it..
    Share this post