Thread: Can 32-bit Windows handle Far Cry 3? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

Question Can 32-bit Windows handle Far Cry 3?

Hey, I was just wondering if Far Cry 3 has actually been tested on 32-bit Windows Vista, (Or 32-Bit Windows 8 for that matter). I really don't want to change OS prematurely, as Vista is actually working ok, but it can only(theoretically) use 3.12 GB of RAM. As you all know, the Specs have been released, and the minimum RAM required is 4 GB, so the question is, will Far Cry 3 be able to run on 32-bit? If it can't, I assume this will affect a large amount of potential customers( I'd say at least half of PC gamers). All my other specs are well above the minimum, but I'm afraid that Far Cry is going to cost a lot more than I expected because of this. Please respond, as this not only affects me, but thousands of potential players world-wide.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

www.canirunit.com can help.. you just type in the game and it will tell you if you can run it.. and how well you can run it (low-ultra settings)

Yeah, I'll check it in a day or two, as I'm currently sitting my school exams so I'm a bit tied up . I guess the transition from 32 to 64 is inevitable, so a cheap fix would be to upgrade Vista to 8 for around $50 NZD(Limited Offer), and install 64-bit so it can use all 4 GB. Most people have 4GB of RAM while running 32-bit anyway, so by upgrading to 64, I guess it helps prolong the performance of your machine, and helps you enjoy your game to the max.

The only thing that I know is that the official specs are exceeded and are not so accurate.

I know that XP isn't supporting 4GB RAM and that's why I think that.

Everyone nowadays is increasing the specs so the hardware part manufacturers can make money.

You know for what I'm talking about.

I used this (www.canirunit.com) to see if I can run it, but it didn't pass my system for the 2.2GHz Pentium DualCore. Does that mean it won't run at all or will I just have to turn down the settings?

Far Cry 3 Elite Member Viragoxv535's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angryanton View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if Far Cry 3 has actually been tested on 32-bit Windows Vista, (Or 32-Bit Windows 8 for that matter). I really don't want to change OS prematurely, as Vista is actually working ok, but it can only(theoretically) use 3.12 GB of RAM. As you all know, the Specs have been released, and the minimum RAM required is 4 GB, so the question is, will Far Cry 3 be able to run on 32-bit? If it can't, I assume this will affect a large amount of potential customers( I'd say at least half of PC gamers). All my other specs are well above the minimum, but I'm afraid that Far Cry is going to cost a lot more than I expected because of this. Please respond, as this not only affects me, but thousands of potential players world-wide.
    On a 32bit OS the maximum usuable RAM is 4GB (including GPU RAM). Far Cry 3 minimum specs actually tell that you can use 2GB of system RAM on Windows XP but you will be fine with those 3.12GB of yours

Quote Originally Posted by VaasCARV3R View Post
    ...I know that XP isn't supporting 4GB RAM and that's why I think that...
    Sure, why not? Windows XP 64bit
    Last edited by Viragoxv535; 11-16-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Viragoxv535, I was talking about 32bit, not 64.