Thread: Unforgivable Gamepad Input Errors | Forums

Exclamation Unforgivable Gamepad Input Errors

I was fairly excited to see this game go places. I am a sucker for high concept things (even if they end up disappointing as usual), and was left completely blueballed by this after purchasing it on Steam.

At first, I was a bit let down by the horrid mouse acceleration in the game with no way to disable it. I never understood the point of mouse acceleration and it only makes things more difficult to use and thus less fun. No big though; I have a wired 360 controller. It was specifically designed for a gamepad after all (the developer's nonsense anti-PC rhetoric made that clear). So I plug it in and start going.

Okay, so I'm walking down a typical post-apocalyptic street set under a film grain filter. That's cool. I think to myself how nice it would be if I had a way to run or sprint and then a tip comes up that says "Hold R to run, press it repeatedly to run faster." That's odd, I think to myself, since I am surely doing that right this moment.

I come to a ledge where it would be grand to jump across seconds later. In fact, the pop up tip even advised me to do that too by pressing A which did not work either. So I hit Start to pull up the menu to see if it was a binding problem. My character immediately starts running. Back draws his gun. "What the ****," I say aloud. After further experimentation the Y button opens the map, the B button functions as jump, the triggers are entirely useless, and other assorted shenanigans.

I have to use a keyboard to actually open the proper menu. There is no gamepad rebinding. Just an enable/disable toggle. There IS keyboard rebinding, but that doesn't help much. I certainly don't want to play a game with mouse acceleration when it was already designed to work with a 360 controller on a different platform.

So, is there a workaround for this? It would be nice if the money I spent on it wasn't entirely wasted.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The controls in this game SUCK. Seriously, I want my **** money back. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculously poor.

Reinstall the game and make a backup of your userprofile settings file. Connect a gamepad and run the game. If you need an emulator then you should go to another thread here. Control system is one of the best in this game but I would have included more vibration.
    Action, more than ever action.
    Shocking, positively shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by raiyen63019 View Post
    II have a wired 360 controller. It was specifically designed for a gamepad after all...
    I have Logitech F510 gamepad with special switch for new Xinput games and old DirectInput games. This game works perfectly in DirectInput mode.

Quote Originally Posted by angrydeuce View Post
    The controls in this game SUCK. Seriously, I want my **** money back. This is completely unacceptable and ridiculously poor.
    Read this thread already.
    Last edited by KenTWOu; 11-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.