Thread: rebooting when playing | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

When i start or join a multiplayer game everything goes fine. After a minute of play or so my screen just turns black and windows reboots automaticly. No crash or so but my computer just reboots.
    This tends to happen when i meet a mercenary/spy and they start shooting. I had no problems with the single player demo.

windows xp
    gforce4 ti4200 td8x with latest drivers
    I also meet all requirments for the game.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

When i start or join a multiplayer game everything goes fine. After a minute of play or so my screen just turns black and windows reboots automaticly. No crash or so but my computer just reboots.
    This tends to happen when i meet a mercenary/spy and they start shooting. I had no problems with the single player demo.

windows xp
    gforce4 ti4200 td8x with latest drivers
    I also meet all requirments for the game.

Your CPU or GPU might be overheating. This happened to a system of mine about a year ago. Whenever I played a graphically intense game, after a while the computer would just randomly reboot. I checked my CPU's temperature and it was like 126 degrees fahrenheit. Changed the cooling system and added more case fans and it worked fine after that.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply, i will keep it in mind. Is there any other way of cooling your computer down without having to install a whole new cooler in your computer?

Alright did a little furher testing, whenever a mercenary shoots his gun, my computer reboots.