Thread: Captain Promotion | Forums

Captain Promotion

Hi all some help please. I have been playing Silent Hunter 3 original , playing via commander, for awhile now and wondering how the Captain gets promoted. Other Officers have been promoted to Lieutenants Senior but I , the Captain , am still a Lieutenant Junior. I have all these medals all the way up to swords diamonds oak leaves etc but still a Junior. Any advice other than keep on sinking? Regards Peter
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You get promoted at the end of a patrol, provided you have done well enough, your crew only get promotions if you give them one, unless there's an auto option for that somewhere. In base if IIRC you can open a book on your desk that shows you all your previous patrols with a results summary like you see when you end the patrol, you should be able to go through that from the 1st patrol and see if you've been promoted at all, also you may have started the game at your maximum rank, though from your post this is unlikely unless you've misread.

Promotions

Thank you relcox, I under stand. I did not know that U Boat Captains in ww2 were the US Navy equivalent of an Ensign. Seems like a lot of responsibility for such a junior rank. Thank you again for your reply. Regards Peter

I think it may also be affected by the difficulty setting at which you play. The higher the setting, the more points you earn toward promotion.