Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed III: dual pistol holster glitch | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

Assassin's Creed III: dual pistol holster glitch

so a little while ago, I got myself the dual pistol holster for Ratonhaké:ton. Immediately I got the glitch where every time I fast travel or change locations, the pistol in the secondary holster resets itself, most often to the pitcairn-putnam pistols. Does anyone have a fix for this? is the team at Ubisoft working on this at the moment? if so, when can we expect a patch, assuming it's fixable?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I guess you are lucky in that your secondary gun resets to some other gun.
    Mine disappears entirely.

I've reported the bug through their support system, hopefully they'll get it in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Parsnip View Post
    I guess you are lucky in that your secondary gun resets to some other gun.
    Mine disappears entirely.

I've reported the bug through their support system, hopefully they'll get it in the next patch.
    I think I have a temporary fix to your secondary disappearing. If you go back to a store/the manor and equip the pitcairn-putnam pistols, then fast travel away, return and equip your pistol of choice, the next time you change location, it should just reset your secondary to pitcairn-putnam. it was how (I think) I got the secondary to work for something.

If you select the Pitcairn-Putnam Pistol as your pistol when you have the double holster, you'll still only have one pistol after you change zones or fast travel. If you select any OTHER pistol with the double holster, then after you change zones or fast travel, one pistol remains the one you selected and the other changes to the Pitcairn-Putnam. Apparently there's a bug that particular pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by LividPatriarch View Post
    I think I have a temporary fix to your secondary disappearing. If you go back to a store/the manor and equip the pitcairn-putnam pistols, then fast travel away, return and equip your pistol of choice, the next time you change location, it should just reset your secondary to pitcairn-putnam. it was how (I think) I got the secondary to work for something.
    I think the secondary has more to do with your most recently available and acquired pistol. I was running around with a single Royal Pistol and when I crafted and got the Royal Navy Sea Service Flintlock, it started to appear as my secondary at fast travel/transition/etc. For a lot of people, it's the Putnam pair, I guess.

The pistols reset so that whatever you just selected is on the left and whatever you had selected before is on the right. Example: if I go to the armory and equip the flintlock, Connor will have two flintlocks. If I then equip the double barrel, he'll have two double barrels. If i then proceed to fast travel, the pistols will reset so he has a double barrel on the left and a flintlock on the right.

Thus, an easy way to keep four shots is to equip a set a double barrel pistols (there are a few different types in the game), then reequip a different set of double barrel pistols before fast travelling away. You won't be symmetrical, but at least you'll have four shots. Of course, if you've beaten the main missions at least once and gotten the right pivots, then you can set the hacks and have infinite shots :P

No fix for this on the thanksgiving patch unfortunately.

I would consider this a huge glitch considering how useful it is and possibly game changing to have another pistol in a big fight, but this glitch renders the twin holsters pretty much useless and im very annoyed Ubisoft havent fixed it yet along with the metric ton of other glitches the game is riddled with that people are clearly complaining about but arent patched yet. =/ Nothings more infurating when your second gun is stolen every time you fast travel leaving you with an empty holster! >.<

If they fix this before I finish the game, ill give it a 10 out of 10 tho. X3

Thanks for reporting the bug to Major Parsnip and keeping on it, we need more brave men like you!

Fix please, this is very very annoying...

This glitch is driving me CRAZY. I am sick and tired of seeing "AQUIRED - WEAPONS: 1" every single time I load, travel etc.

My left holster is always the Double Barrel but the right holster is mostly the pitcairn-putnum pistol although it has changed to the duckfoot a few times in the naval missions from what I recall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast