Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be dedicated servers ? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Oh no That sucks, but hey. Singleplayer FTW

They won't re consider that's why I am taking this route > http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-Sorry-UbiSoft Had enough that my platform always gets the shaft. They can spin it whatever way they like with regards to their decision BUT once bitten twice shy!

Quote Originally Posted by Slayback2102 View Post
    Oh no That sucks, but hey. Singleplayer FTW
    I agree

Thing is, it has what it takes to kick butt out there if they go dedicated servers, but i truly think that in the long run they know the titles take a much longer time to die out. Dam ut2004 i got mates that still play it, I must admit its not going as strong as it use too but it is cause of dedicated servers why it is still there now. And die hard mates at COD 4 still too, just waiting for the next big thing to come along

And the game editor is great, but kind of useless, you'll end up keeping 50% of the community to what and where it could had gone too

Quote Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor View Post
    Of course we are not trying to kill the pc community. We have simply decided on a different way of handling multiplayer. We weighed the different options against each other to see what worked best, and what we came up with worked very well even without DS's.
    What works best?!? No dedicated servers is the best option? I guess all those dumb people over at Dice, Infinity Ward and Treyarch who make those stupid impopular games like the Battlefield and Call of Duty series are all wrong to choose to include dedicated servers for the PC version of their games?

Seriously do we need to compile a list of advantages of having dedicated server files? The list is endless. Would be pointless to write it all down since it wont change Ubisoft's plans for PC multiplayer.

I am not a big follower of Ubisoft titles but is there even one single game where they have included dedicated server files for PC? I believe they havent. I am quite sure they are just not capable of coding this! It's not like they don't want to, it is simply that they can't!

I can't stop thinking about Far Cry 2 here. In the beginning Ubisoft was all big talk how Far Cry 2 was gonna be a PC game only! They wanted to bring the PC community back to them again by making this huge PC only title. It was only a year or so later when all of a sudden Far Cry 2 was announced to be released on consoles as well, but us PC gamers didn't need to worry. PC was still the lead platform
    Needless to say how Far Cry 2's multiplayer on PC ended up..... I'll wait for it to go to the budget bin and pick it up for € 5,-. Maybe the singleplayer is still a bit of fun.

FnB Achilles

i will buy the game any way.
    because what i want is COOP and SP. i dont give a **** about the competitive MP.

yeah it is a shame to use matchmaking service in a PC game. but, lets face it. this is the kind of game that you buy and play for the offline content. ( at least for me )
    the competitive MP is just a BONUS.

i just remember of this competitive MP some days ago when i saw this post about dedicated server. utill that time i wasn't thinking about the MP.

and BTW, as or friends said in the posts above. NOW thats nothing that UBI can or WANT to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jotavebr View Post
    i will buy the game any way.
    because what i want is COOP and SP. i dont give a **** about the competitive MP.

yeah it is a shame to use matchmaking service in a PC game. but, lets face it. this is the kind of game that you buy and play for the offline content. ( at least for me )
    the competitive MP is just a BONUS.
    How are you going to play co-op offline?

Quote Originally Posted by RasendeRoland View Post
    So what is then with your selfmade maps? If you want to play with them you have to be host then? What is if you have got an ****ty connection?
    They'll probably have a playlist called 'custom maps' and it'll randomly select one of the 'top' custom maps. If it's going to be anything like mw2 iwnet, you won't be able to host maps for anyone other than people on your friends-list. My advice is not to buy the game.

I like games with bad ping, i like games with big lag, i like "host migration" in the middle of the game. No dedicated servers-->no fun.

=X-SLAY-Clan=

No dedicated servers?-->No fun

no, it's not good ... again have something go wrong, don't get it.

I have purchased new HW for FC3 servers. What am I supposed to do with investment?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast