Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be dedicated servers ? | Forums

KYRAT SERIES 2 - Midlands and Himalayas | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Kyrat Edition Trailer | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Survive Kyrat | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

What are you made of? | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxswe View Post
    So the pc community is getting the crap on again??? Why do u want to kill the PC community???
    Of course we are not trying to kill the pc community. We have simply decided on a different way of handling multiplayer. We weighed the different options against each other to see what worked best, and what we came up with worked very well even without DS's.
    Last edited by MSV-Vextor; 11-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Jinxswe, the one and only reason as I think is the piracy.

Am I right?

So when i set up a match on xbox 360 i cant leave it running and be in spectator mode, i have to play? this sounds grim if true, thats what made fc2 so good you could set your map playlist then select dedicated server then just leave it run without being near the xbox (this is how us mappers view how our maps get played when testing for glitches )

Official AWLSmaps Twitter page https://twitter.com/AWLSmaps

AW LOST SOLDIER, yep, if you quit the game the server will be gone.

That's bad that there will be no Ded. Servers, because as you said if you want to create a dedicated server you must leave the game running and stay inside the server all the time, not as running dedicated server in background without the need game to be running and you to be inside it.
    Last edited by VaasCARV3R; 11-14-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER View Post
    So when i set up a match on xbox 360 i cant leave it running and be in spectator mode, i have to play? this sounds grim if true, thats what made fc2 so good you could set your map playlist then select dedicated server then just leave it run without being near the xbox (this is how us mappers view how our maps get played when testing for glitches )
    When it comes to playlists etc. you will have to wait for that information just a little while longer. More information regarding MP is coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor View Post
    Of course we are not trying to kill the pc community. We have simply decided on a different way of handling multiplayer. We weighed the different options against each other to see what worked best, and what we came up with worked very well even without DS's.
    What works best: are we talking about economics, customer satisfaction or fun factor? So in FC2 having dedicated servers was not the best way?

Anyway, one down another to go: how about split-screen for PC? not supported as well, following BO2 steps!

I hope its the same as fc2, hosting as a dedicated server was they way i would view how the flow of play and spawns were running, watching from above is essential for map making, if ubi left this out, leaving out vehicles i dont care, but this would be a kick in the guts for us mappers

Official AWLSmaps Twitter page https://twitter.com/AWLSmaps

Quote Originally Posted by MSV-Vextor View Post
    How can you se this as the best way? With lobby games u get Lots and lots and lots of lag. A DS u can have faster download on maps. Stabel ping over the game. Been able to kick/ban cheaters or idiots.
    Crashing lobbys. Hosts disconnecting. Host with bad internet connection. And allsow lobby games dies out much faster then games with servers.

Quote Originally Posted by VaasCARV3R View Post
    Jinxswe, the one and only reason as I think is the piracy.

Am I right?
    I dont thinks so... No servers means lobby games. Lobby games means its easyer to make a mod/patch/hack so ppl with a downloaded game can play the game online.
    With servers its harder. A server can be updated more often and will be harder to pirate

Quote Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER View Post
    But when we host a match on xbox360 will there be a setting to host as a dedicated server as with farcry2, we host and can spectate to view how our maps play
    I think theres 2 different things here - the poster is on about PC stuff where they can manipulate the game files or something to give them an advantage if there are no 'dedicated PC servers' or whatever set up. Your question - which is alot more relevant to me & other mappers - is when we create our maps do we still have the ability to watch gamplay being a dedicated lobby host without having to be an active player in the match. I have no idea if its better to repost on a separate thread????

Im just saying that if there is no dedicated servers for pc its gonna be a big big big big mega fail. And im getting second thoughts on if im gonna buy it or not.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast