Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be dedicated servers ? | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Hybrid View

Will there be dedicated servers ?

This will pretty much make or break the pc competitive community imo. I know for a fact that most pc gamers stayed away from FC2 cos all of the server hosts refused to run FC2 servers due to the fact that the dedicated server launcher was a memory hog. Are we going to get decent dedicated servers this time around ? If this game is going to have bs p2p lobbies like COD, pc community will die in weeks. I'd really like an answer before I purchase the game. Also, lack of info about the PC version is really alarming. Especially considering the fact that there's only 3 weeks till the launch date. Are they trying to hide some things that could harm the pre-order numbers ? I have a feeling they are about to pull an mw2.

EDIT:
    A dev has responded to this thread and I quote " The online experience does not support dedicated servers. ". After I posted this on reddit, a couple of gaming websites have featured the story as well. Spread the world and educate people as to we should not buy this game on PC.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...or-far-cry-3/]
    Last edited by earth0007; 11-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Agreed. Dev response plz?

Quote Originally Posted by carfrytree View Post
    Agreed. Dev response plz?
    Yes, bump for a dev response.

Far Cry 3 Elite Member DapperHayden007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earth0007 View Post
    Yes, bump for a dev response.
    bumping is not allowed and is mentioned via the forum rules. Just letting you know for the future
    Last edited by DapperHayden007; 11-12-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Yes, no bumping please. Errrr...whoops ^^

"Will there be dedicated servers ?"
    Unlikely

The online experience does not support dedicated servers.

FC Elite Member AW LOST SOLDIER's Avatar
    But when we host a match on xbox360 will there be a setting to host as a dedicated server as with farcry2, we host and can spectate to view how our maps play

Checkouthttp://battlemap.net/for the latest community maps

Quote Originally Posted by AW LOST SOLDIER View Post
    But when we host a match on xbox360 will there be a setting to host as a dedicated server as with farcry2, we host and can spectate to view how our maps play
    I think theres 2 different things here - the poster is on about PC stuff where they can manipulate the game files or something to give them an advantage if there are no 'dedicated PC servers' or whatever set up. Your question - which is alot more relevant to me & other mappers - is when we create our maps do we still have the ability to watch gamplay being a dedicated lobby host without having to be an active player in the match. I have no idea if its better to repost on a separate thread????

Im just saying that if there is no dedicated servers for pc its gonna be a big big big big mega fail. And im getting second thoughts on if im gonna buy it or not.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast