Thread: Redeem product code or activating a product on Uplay? | Forums

Redeem product code or activating a product on Uplay?

In Steam and Origin there is an option "redeem product code or activate a product"
    I cant find anything like that on Uplay, am I missing something?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

it doesnt have that functionality yet, pretty funny to be honest since its such a basic feature

to link a game to your account you currently need to go through instlalation with the game in question - a box will appear asking you for the serial number to bind the key to your account. after that the game is in your library for future download

Quote Originally Posted by iNvidious02 View Post
    it doesnt have that functionality yet, pretty funny to be honest since its such a basic feature

to link a game to your account you currently need to go through instlalation with the game in question - a box will appear asking you for the serial number to bind the key to your account. after that the game is in your library for future download
    So, if I buy FC3 on Steam it will bind the key to my Uplay account as well? And I will be able to download in the future FC3 from Uplay account without installing it on steam?

not sure about steam purchases, only thing i know for sure is it asks you to bind a key to your account when installing a retail game whether its from a third party download or dvd - i think steam purchases are handled slightly differently.

Quote Originally Posted by iNvidious02 View Post
    not sure about steam purchases, only thing i know for sure is it asks you to bind a key to your account when installing a retail game whether its from a third party download or dvd - i think steam purchases are handled slightly differently.
    Yeah looks so, just installed assassin's creed brotherhood that I had on steam and I HAVE to run steam in order to play the game, like if I open Uplay without steam I will not have that game there...
    hahaha... lol

why the **** will that help it wont work for me

Hi Halomasterchie - If you are trying to activate a Steam purchase and you are launching Steam first -> then Uplay and you are still receiving an error, please contact the Support department. They will help you get your game going. You can either create a ticket by clicking on the My Questions link, then Ask a Question tab here: http://support.ubi.com/ or call them for quicker service. You can find the Support Team