Thread: Christmas is coming and still really peeved at UBI SOFT AND BLUEBYTE | Forums

Christmas is coming and still really peeved at UBI SOFT AND BLUEBYTE

I am really peeved that after months of people asking and getting no response about Settlers 7 that neither UBI SOFT OR BLUEBYTE have bothered to give us any news or information regarding the game or any further content to play with. Christmas holidays are approaching I will have time to play with friends and family online and yet we still have the same old tired maps as last year. I keep getting messages about the Settlers online which I have looked at but to be honest it doesn`t suit my lifestyle or needs it demands too much commitment and therefore I have dropped it. One would think that after dedicated support of 7 editions of this series someone would at least comment when asked to do so. I noticed that even the DRM removal is going no where, probably at the bottom of someone`s to do list. The whole thing really stinks, no wonder this forum has pretty much died a death.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey pog,

Sure, I hear you.

Maybe the size and quantity plus adding to new tech is to much of a leap this year to rush into.

Not only here, they all left us high and dry for Christmas and Q1, this is a Fav builder/rts, it's worthy and must had met some margen for success through out a long time.

I'd like a combo settlers old,new,somewhere in the middle. My Set favs are the newer half series, much was said from people that love the old. I don't see how it is they trashed that Map editor, those people enjoying that much would liven this place up again. Can't let settlers die, I can't see it. Actually has a long life already in competition I guess for longest run series.

Those Devs and company need to see we love these games, they should advertise for future new players for all this series and then make us a Settler 8 we can not refuse to make up for lost time to come yet I am afraid.Put your money here and then sell others games along side this one. This one apeals to multi ages and is facinating. I'd like to ask of more but the a same large content and do-able match to whats modern can be ok.

See ya, hope christmas works the same in withdrawal.

Yes, my wife and I will most likely purchase this game if the DRM ever gets removed. More likely a christmas or birthday-like present than a regular game purchase, so hopefully it happens before christmas. Otherwise we'll just wait another year - we've already waited 2.

Hi guys, I have inquired about the DRM removal and will reply when I have an answer.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I just went to buy on Steam as I thought the DRM ridiculousness had been removed as I have been waiting years too. But the Steam store page said permanent connection was still required Luckily I checked here before purchasing. Hopefully Ubi-Mush will come back with good news!

yes.......

Any news regarding the game would be welcome. I think the next DLC will probably contain abandonned residences, derelict buildings and tumble weed rolling along the streets which would graphically illustrate the amount of interest UBISOFT show in maintaining or developing this game.

For the love of little green apples. Someone please patch this drm OUT. I play SP. I want to play and save offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    I have inquired about the DRM removal and will reply when I have an answer.
    6 weeks later...