Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st DoC World Championship - DreamHack 2012 | Forums

@Faulesai: right now we only need 4 more players. We should have the 128 players needed by tonight, but in case we don't I'll have a few auto-wins in the first part

@Pjovejas: I'm not really sure what you're asking... but in any case, the last duels should take place on Tuesday, so you'll know by Wednesday if you get to go or not. I know it's very short notice but we had to postpone this event for quite a long time in order to get the deal just right with our friends at Razer.

Hope this helps,
    Aza

Dear players,

If you have entered the Championship, you will now have received your account details.

Please send me a personal message on the forum if this is not the case!

You can now choose your faction (necro, inferno or haven) and open you 3 boosters. Remember that buying more cards, playing the campaign, playing ranked duels or daily tournaments (with the Championship account) will get you banned from the Championship.

The 1 list of duels will be posted tomorrow morning so don't forget to check the forum on a daily basis. Also, please sue the chat here during the whole event: http://www.mmdoc.net/chat/

Best,
    Aza

Can we play in practice mode vs computer in the championship account ?

Quote Originally Posted by DjTechShadow View Post
    Can we play in practice mode vs computer in the championship account ?
    Yes you can

Could you please allow us to do the campaign (and use the rewards from it), or give us more booster packs? Otherwise this will be the World Championship of LUCK.

It's no argument that others get $hitty cards' too, because there will be some players who (do) get great cards, while others don't. It would be nice to have a little more chance to get at least 1 good card and this could be done with more booster packs. Anyway, it would be most fair if everyone would have acces to the same cards.

@Ipwnfour: I understand your point of view, but this will just increase dramatically the role played by luck. If we let people play the campaign it will only mean those with more luck will have a bigger chance of getting good cards whereas those with non will still be left with just a starter pack.
    The best way to make sure you're all on the closest level possible is by limiting all participants to this one faction starter pack and the 3 basic boosters.

Luck will always be a factor, but allowing people to do the campaign will just increase the gap between lucky and unlucky players.

Best,
    Aza

I feel terribly I was late by 3 long days to sing up... Ehh I love competition and I missed it.
    I think there will be more Championships like this one in near future (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwnfour View Post
    Could you please allow us to do the campaign (and use the rewards from it), or give us more booster packs? Otherwise this will be the World Championship of LUCK.

It's no argument that others get $hitty cards' too, because there will be some players who (do) get great cards, while others don't. It would be nice to have a little more chance to get at least 1 good card and this could be done with more booster packs. Anyway, it would be most fair if everyone would have acces to the same cards.

These ARE the Championships of LUCK. The best cards in booster packs will decide the victory. I think that we all should play on our own accounts. But I understant the reason why it is decided to even the chances. It's beacuse the game needs new players.... That's why I think there should be 2 tournaments.
    As for now best postions in ranking or best players are not rewarded in any way (except their own satisfaction). They have most cards they need already so playing just for winning more gold or seals is pointless. I think devs should think both ways - how to gain more new players and how keep veterans in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aza404 View Post
    Dear players,

If you have entered the Championship, you will now have received your account details.

Please send me a personal message on the forum if this is not the case!
    How are we supposed to know that we didn't receive the message or if we just weren't chosen? :S

Hello all,

We are deeply sorry to announce that we had to disqualify a player in the Razer tournament. Player Tystax, had to be removed from the finals because he used more than one account to enter the tournament, which is unfair for all other duellists and going against our most basic tournament rules.

We are so sorry for all players who were affected by his cheating and couldn't enjoy the tournament properly because of him. We contacted the last player he played against (MnM_vs_Smarties) and offered him to join the finalists. It seems to be the fairest for us, to ask the last player he played against, as we can't organize the entire tournament again. Once more, we apologize to players who lost against him and could have gone further in the tournament.

The good thing here is that we actually proved his cheating before he had the chance to go to Sweden. I know it's not perfect, but it's already something. I'd like to thank players who brought their suspicions to us, we took them very seriously.

For the next tournaments, we will make sure to investigate deeper and apply rules to avoid this type of cheating that we condemn.

Thanks for your understanding

The DoC team

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast