Thread: 1st DoC World Championship - DreamHack 2012 | Forums

What if the players don't want to leave their home and family to go to Sweden?

Aza404's Avatar DoC Shoutcaster
    Originally Posted by leonid1995927 Go to original post
    What if the players don't want to leave their home and family to go to Sweden?
    Then we send one of the runners-up instead and the player who does not want to go can compete in the online semi-finals and finals.

-nods approvingly-

Update: Applications end on Tuesday 13th at midnight. Hopefully we can start the qualifying duels on Thursday 15th.

Kameliasz's Avatar Junior Member
    Hi, there is some issue I want to resolve.

So here's a deal. For Duel of Champions I use an account my father made, with his date of birth. Since then, he has forgotten about it, and the only person that uses it is me. This one - Kameliasz - has actually become inactive. I used only the dad's one - bazaltovy, with all the information changed from his to mine - except for the date of birth, because the changing procedure is quite tricky.
    I want to participate in World Championship using dad's (now fully mine) account for an obvious reason - if I'll win, I'd like to have the prize Gold on an account that I use to play DoC.

So, the conclusion: Is that wrong date of birth a problem? Do I have to change it? Or maybe can I use Kameliasz and, assuming me getting the prize Gold, receive it on bazaltovy account?

Please, respond quickly.

Best regards,
    bazaltovy a.k.a. Kameliasz

if I win some adwords, especialy gold, i get it on a new accound for this tornament otr my old accound?

@Kameliasz: we provide every participant with a special account for the tournament (make sure you read the rules properly). If you win we will send the reward to the account of your choice
    Please bear in mind though that we can only bring adults to Sweden for legal reasons. So if you are under 18 and get to the semi-finals and finals, you can only take part in the on-line part of the tournament.

@Mikesak1983: As said above, you can choose what account we send the gold to.

Also guys, if possible, please add a 3rd piece of information in your inscription post (click the edit button on your original post): please tell us now if you will be available to go to Sweden or if you'll be participating in the on-line semi-finals and finals (if you get that far in the Championship).

Best,
    Aza

Kameliasz's Avatar Junior Member
    Alright then, thanks for the answer

I just saw that it seems we are only a couple of participants short of the 128 mark, which I guess will be needed for proper elimination mode. So it could be that there will only be 64 contestants chosen for the qualification (at least that seems the most obvious.). BUT I would like to ask for a 128 contestant mode with maybe a couple of free wins in the first round...I think most of us really want to give it a try and this way everyone can try her/his best. Just saying this before the official tournament mode is out, just for your consideration.

Originally Posted by Aza404 Go to original post
    please tell us now if you will be available to go to Sweden or if you'll be participating in the on-line semi-finals and finals (if you get that far in the Championship).

Best,
    Aza
    I have a question. I think that I could go to Sweden on the date mentioned. But there is a very small posibility that it may change and I'll not have such a psosibility. I would like to say that I can go to Sweden, but in worst case I would like to get... let's say "penalty" or something. In other words what would be wrong if the plans will change?