Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st DoC World Championship - DreamHack 2012 | Forums

Cool 1st DoC World Championship - DreamHack 2012

Dear Champions,

We are proud and pleased to present the very first Duel of Champions World Tournament that will end at the DreamHack in Sweden!

Thanks to our friends at Razer, not only will we be flying the 4 finalists over for the semi-finals and finals, but we will also be rewarding these finalists with some great Razer gear!

So sign up now for a place in the tournament, and if you can’t take a few days off to go to Sweden, do not worry as we will also be hosting on-line semi-finals and finals.
    Here are the rewards:

For the 4 finalists going to Sweden:
    • A free trip to the DreamHack, generously sponsored by Razer
    • 1st place: 1 000 000 Gold, a complete set of Razer equipment (Headset, Keyboard, Mouse, Mousemat and T-shirt) and the title of DoC World Champion!
    • 2nd place: 500 000 Gold and Razer goodies
    • 3rd place: 250 000 Gold
    For the 4 finalists of the On-Line semi-finals and finals:
    • 1st place: 500 000 Gold
    • 2nd place: 300 000 Gold
    • 3rd place: 150 000 Gold
    Interested?

Then go and >>enter here<<. If you are selected for the championship, you will be contacted soon with the details to your championship account. Applications end on Tuesday 13th at midnight. Hopefully we can start the qualifying duels on Thursday 15th.

Make sure you are free on the week-end of the DreamHack (23, 24 and 24 of November) and that you have enough time to take part in the preliminary matches before applying for a spot in the tournament! Also, please check the forum on a regular basis during the tournament period for all the latest news and information.

Please find all the rules to the championship >>here<< and use this thread for any question concerning the tournament.

Enjoy,
    Aza404 and the DoC Team
    Last edited by Aza404; 11-09-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Participants will then be sent the account name and password to the new accounts provided for the tournament. These accounts include 3 booster packs and players are not allowed to compete, do the campaign or buy any extra gold or packs on this account: any player who does this will be disqualified instantly.
    Does it mean we must compete with default decks only (Inferno, Necropolis, Haven)?
    As 3 booster packs are not enough to create Stronghold deck...

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rryAC View Post
    Does it mean we must compete with default decks only (Inferno, Necropolis, Haven)?
    As 3 booster packs are not enough to create Stronghold deck...
    Yes absolutely. Only the 3 starting factions will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aza404 View Post
    Yes absolutely. Only the 3 starting factions will be available.
    Next question: Can we use cards from given 3 booster packs to improve starting decks? Or no modifications are allowed? Also, can we Duel AI in Practice Mode?

I don't understand...

Does it mean that the first stage of DreamHack Championships is online and then you will sponsor the flight to Sweden for the 4 online finalists ???

I think those two are separate events, but yes i would also like to hear clarification about it.

In my opinion Top8 Players are chosen.

Top4 goes to Dreamhack, if one of then can't go, he is replaced by someone from 5th-8th places.

4 players who DO NOT go to Dreamhack plays in Online Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rryAC View Post
    In my opinion Top8 Players are chosen.

Top4 goes to Dreamhack, if one of then can't go, he is replaced by someone from 5th-8th places.

4 players who DO NOT go to Dreamhack plays in Online Finals.
    Exactlly!
    The qualifying phase is the same for everyone: the duels are done online, via the "practice against friends mode" (just like the current Polish tournament) the the top 4 are sent to Sueden and the 4 runners-up are given another set of on-line duels.

Quote Originally Posted by Ch3rryAC
    Can we use cards from given 3 booster packs to improve starting decks? Or no modifications are allowed? Also, can we Duel AI in Practice Mode?
    Yes and yes.
    Yes you can open the 3 booster packs you will be given with your specific championship account.
    Yes you can practice against the AI with the card you have (starter deck plus any card you've got in the 3 booster packs).

Previously online only tournament and Sweden tournament were announced. Now it is one announcement and it is mixed, right?

So if I want to participate in online tournament only I register for this tournament? Or should I wait for another announcement for online only, because these are qualifications for Sweden tournament only?

Here is a small pic that should help clear any misunderstanding:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast