Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm really ashamed of humanity right now... | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

I'm really ashamed of humanity right now...

So Halo 4 released. It's been getting 9's and 10's from reviewers ( I am TOTALLY convinced they are paid reviews) and it's all you see on gaming sites and in gaming news. One reviewer was so happy with whatever they were given for a perfect review that they stated Halo 4 is redefining the FPS genre. I nearly threw up. Nowhere do you see Far Cry 3 getting this kind of attention and it actually IS redefining the FPS! I refuse to buy Halo4 as I believe Halo has been exactly the same all along. Has anyone else been amazed FC3 is getting zero attention and recycled games like Halo and COD Black Ops 2 are being raved about? Are we the only true gamers out there? Am I being too melodramatic?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well with a bit of luck all the kids and sheep out there will flock over to Halo and Blops2 and leave the more mature gamers to FC3..
    It's what your right hand's for..

PSN: mistincat

Hope so. That's a positive way to look at it I guess.

"..Halo 4 is redefining the FPS genre"

I'm not a console user, because I hate the consoles, but to say that game like Halo is redefining the FPS genre is.... I don't know what word to use here.
    Last edited by VaasCARV3R; 11-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.

What did you expect?

And yeah, being shamed of humanity because games other than your favourite is getting too much attention and good scores is a tad melodramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mistados View Post
    well with a bit of luck all the kids and sheep out there will flock over to halo and blops2 and leave the more mature gamers to fc3..
    qft
    Now playing; [PS3] Assassin's Creed III

It's hard to keep a series that's been around as long as CoD/Halo fresh, especially when they put out new titles every year.
    Clearly Halo 4 is not redefining the FPS genre, if anything it's slightly redefining the Halo series.

And it's not so much that reviewers are paid off(they are, in SOME cases but trust me it's more rare than you think), but they actually say good things about these kid's favourite games because they know it's what people WANT to hear. They don't want to insult a game that has a huge fanbase because it'll bring a lot of hate to the reviewer, and lower their credibility as fanboys will start going on about how "THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!! HURR!!!"

Reviewers are just scared to really get behind a new or sort of underground/backseat series. Because if they really push how "SUPER DUPAH AMAZING" this new mostly unheard game is, and it turns out to flop, that kills their credibility even more.

It's just a hugely biased world of wussies scared to call the next big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDrewdelz View Post
    It's hard to keep a series that's been around as long as CoD/Halo fresh, especially when they put out new titles every year.
    Clearly Halo 4 is not redefining the FPS genre, if anything it's slightly redefining the Halo series.

And it's not so much that reviewers are paid off(they are, in SOME cases but trust me it's more rare than you think), but they actually say good things about these kid's favourite games because they know it's what people WANT to hear. They don't want to insult a game that has a huge fanbase because it'll bring a lot of hate to the reviewer, and lower their credibility as fanboys will start going on about how "THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!! HURR!!!"

Reviewers are just scared to really get behind a new or sort of underground/backseat series. Because if they really push how "SUPER DUPAH AMAZING" this new mostly unheard game is, and it turns out to flop, that kills their credibility even more.

It's just a hugely biased world of wussies scared to call the next big hit.

Are you familiar with the Tim Tebow phenomenon? He is a horrible QB but the press LOVES him no matter what he does. He's got his fans but most people agree that he is a horrible QB that doesn't deserve the attention he gets. But the media keeps writing about him even though everybody hates Tebow. Why? Because Tebow articles, no matter how unpopular, get views.

The same goes for games. Halo and CoD may be monster franchises that get generally good reviews, but that won't stop a big magazine/site from posting a luke warm or worse review despite the negative attention it will bring. As a matter of fact, posting a review that goes against the norm will DRAMATICALLY increase the amount of people who view it. That leaves two reasons I can think of that these sites are rating Halo and CoD so high every year: 1) They're paid to do so 2) They, you know, think the game is pretty freaking good... which they generally are. Even if they don't revolutionize gaming every single year the way FC3 could.

Quote Originally Posted by B STATS View Post
    So Halo 4 released. It's been getting 9's and 10's from reviewers ( I am TOTALLY convinced they are paid reviews) and it's all you see on gaming sites and in gaming news. One reviewer was so happy with whatever they were given for a perfect review that they stated Halo 4 is redefining the FPS genre. I nearly threw up. Nowhere do you see Far Cry 3 getting this kind of attention and it actually IS redefining the FPS! I refuse to buy Halo4 as I believe Halo has been exactly the same all along. Has anyone else been amazed FC3 is getting zero attention and recycled games like Halo and COD Black Ops 2 are being raved about? Are we the only true gamers out there? Am I being too melodramatic?
    1. Why are you talking about Halo 4 in FC3 forum ?
    2. No idea why you said FC3 gets zero attention.

You can love Far Cry all you want, but there is no denying Halo 4 is the total package. give it it's due and enjoy playing FC3 when it comes out.
    FC3 can be better and get that kind of praise if it's done right (Which seems the case with FC3).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast