Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Petition to keep the GRAW2 servers online | Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    As of right now, there are no plans to take GRAW 2 multiplayer offline - Any contrary indication is miscommunication, rumor, speculation or some combination of the former.

Ubi-Mush, thank you for your post advising that the GRAW2 servers will not be taken off-line “as of right now”. Your comment does lead the GRAW community to suspect that UBI does have some plans, in the future, to remove the GRAW2 servers. Furthermore, I contacted UBISoft when I first heard about this rumour, to discuss if in fact the servers will be shut down. The representative advised that UBI was going to take down the servers, if they have not been shut down already, because there was not enough gamers playing online. What I have a hard time grasping is with the amount of phone calls UBI has received, and with the number of posts supporting GRAW2 servers, I would have expected that UBI would have provided a more formal response to the fans. Or, at the very least had representatives from their Public Relations department prepare a more appropriate post, detailing their intentions for the GRAW2 servers. I find it hard to believe that on the one hand UBI representatives are advising fans that “yes”, the servers will be coming down and you’re providing a contrary, “one liner”, advising that a rumour has been created. Would it be asking too much of UBI to provide an official response advising us of what we should be expecting to happen to the servers? The GRAW community is loyal and we certainly deserve better.

UBI, these discussions provide the appropriate platform to articulate to you why we do not like GRFS. When I phoned UBI to obtain appropriate details regarding the GRAW2 servers, the representative suggested that I should play GRFS; which is the logical and appropriate alternative to GRAW2. I quickly responded that the game was awful, and the only use GRFS serves, in my home, is in the form of a coaster on my dining room table. GRFS is a complete departure/bastardization of the Ghost Recon franchise. The game feels and plays completely different - the player movements are unlike the previous GRAW games; in fact the game reminds me of Gears of War and Call of Duty - mashed into one gaming experience. The controls have completely changed, catering to the controls of Call of Duty players. I can only assume that this was done to win the Call of Duty fans to GRFS. In my opinion GRFS is a gimmicky game that will satisfy the young players.

GRAW allows for host control of the lobby system. You can invite mature players into the game and remove annoying young players who scream and swear into the microphone; in an attempt to intimidate and bully other players. Occasionally, these young knuckle heads also threaten to sleep with your mom! At which point the gaming experience takes a whole new meaning…. Basically, what I’m saying UBI is that you have a recipe for success, please keep the servers online. We are an older and loyal group that enjoys meeting on line and playing a game that caters to mature group and provides a sense of realism. If you take the servers off line many of us will most probably not renew our memberships. GRAW2 is the only game that provides to us with an exciting platform to enjoy one another’s company and forget the stresses from our daily lives. I’ve made a lot of new friends playing GRAW2 and I wish to continue maintaining these friendships and the gaming experience. As you can plainly see from all the posts, the same theme is being articulated by all the fans. There is no game that comes close to GRAW2. The game is in a class of its own and it is continues to be played online, years after its release. This game is exciting, the sound effects are fantastic, the maps are large, challenging and allow gamers to be creative, the game provides a platform for players to work together and best of all it offers the gamers siege mode. There is no other game in the market like GRAW.

When UBI announced that it was creating a new game in the Ghost Recon series we were all looking forward to a new game with expectations of better graphics, new maps and new challenges. Everyone was excited and looking forward to the new game which we expected would have maintained the feel and style of the original Ghost Recon series…..

I’ll leave UBI developers with a challenge. Come on line on Friday night, eastern standard time, and join any room and ask us why we like GRAW2, and why we’re so loyal to this Ghost Recon series. We’re a working class of mature players who enjoy this game. Also, please develop a new game, keeping with the original style of GRAW or simply make new maps.

Thank you!

i agree totally with aucjmo22 ,furthermore ubisoft,where have all the clan tags gone?,it gave us a sense of belonging to a group of friends,even though many of our friends are in other clans,well lets say they were until ubisoft magicians made them all disappear.what,s next ,taking away the weapons?,and giving us bows and arrows,can we have the clan tags back please?it would be nice to have prior notice of such changes,thankyou.

PLEASE do NOT shut down the servers for graw or graw2 there are still many of us who play on a regular basis friendships have been formed..we gather, we converse, we play together..In my case I'm a near shut in who count's on this for social interaction, I've met some of my X-Box friends & am Planning trips to Europe to meet more! To lose this service would be a travesty! Why not open some of the co-op maps as campaign maps?..in light of the disappointing future soldier? This has been discussed amongst many players & is doable by your Techs...KEEP GRAW ONLINE!

Hi aucjmo22, my reply has come directly from the Com Dev and is official. If anything does change we will update you, but at the moment the servers are not being closed.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Ubisoft, please do not take down the GRAW2 servers. We are a close knit community of players and enjoy the game and interaction allowed by the current server. The future soldier title did not appeal to me as well as many others who play graw2. I understand that there is a cost to maintain the servers. As discussed in other threads, you should probably put out a upgraded maps pack or combined graw and graw2 version with some additional weapons/maps to generate revenue to help keep the servers online. Do not change the gameplay as this is what keeps this community coming back to play. Thank you for your time. D7

Ubisoft. Please do not kill the servers for GRAW2. It was THE first game I ever played online, and I still play it to this day. It is where I have met some of the best people ever, and we still get together to hang out and go crazy. please do not do this to the GRAW2 community

Hi guys, thank you all for your support, but as I have replied here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8697541 and the GRAW 2 servers are not closing at this present moment, I will close this thread.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567