Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AC3 - Homestead trading/accounting makes no sense... | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Question AC3 - Homestead trading/accounting makes no sense...

Sorry if there's a thread already. If there is, a link would be great.I don't understand the trading & accounting at the Homestead. At all. The tutorial memory did nothing, it just barked orders at me, told me to do stuff without any proper explanation whatsoever. Now I've been left to my own devises and I have no clue what to do. I look at the account book and it's just a load of categories, icons & lists that mean nothing to me.I can't seem to find any pointers in the maze that is the Animus documentation, so can anyone here give (or link) me a decent starter's explanation and/or guide?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Bumping this because I'm desperate for some help.

I understand what you mean, i felt the same until i bought my strategy guide, let me give you a quick rundown

Stockpile

Here is where you buy your materials, and it is the guts of your economy, as you progress through the game, and recruit workers you will be able to buy different resources. and if you level them up, ten you will have even more stuff to buy from your homesteaders. its best that you see what you need to craft something in the crafting menu

Crafting

Easiest way to craft is to go around the world and unlock the chests, and level up your homesteaders. This will give you recipies and when you look in your crafting menu you will see the recipies menu. just look for a recipe that you like the look of for now and craft that. tip: The specials tab of recipe is very useful, here is where you build your convoys and upgrades for connor i.e. twin holsters.

Trade

Just select your convoy(s) and pack on some of your crafted stuff on there (or do what i do and send the hides that my hunter hunted, easy money early in the game) and then just send it off, it will take about 10-20 mins on a land convoy and watch out for notices that your convoy is attacked, you will need to defend it

That was just a quick run-down, ask me any specific questions you have, hope i helped

this may sound really stupid, but how do you level up homesteaders?

i believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody who's life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Not a stupid question at all, Look out for homestead missions, complete those and every time you complete one, that homesteader will level. each homesteader almost has a storyline in themself, its a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by liamr11 View Post
    Not a stupid question at all, Look out for homestead missions, complete those and every time you complete one, that homesteader will level. each homesteader almost has a storyline in themself, its a lot of fun!
    okay thanks, i haven't really looked into the homestead that much, i've literally only got the loggers, the hunter, and the carpenter. and that's it. i think i'll be focusing on that from now on.

just wondering, are the homestead missions only in the homestead map, or are they in the frontier map as well?

i believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody who's life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Quote Originally Posted by freddie_1897 View Post
    okay thanks, i haven't really looked into the homestead that much, i've literally only got the loggers, the hunter, and the carpenter. and that's it. i think i'll be focusing on that from now on.

just wondering, are the homestead missions only in the homestead map, or are they in the frontier map as well?
    Well you've been missing out, its a very cool feature IMO. And the missions are scattered around the map, you must complete them in a loose order. so if you cant find a certain one, just complete the ones you can, they will be around soon

Well you've been missing out, its a very cool feature IMO. And the missions are scattered around the map, you must complete them in a loose order. so if you cant find a certain one, just complete the ones you can, they will be around soon
    ok thanks

I understand what you mean, i felt the same until i bought my strategy guide, let me give you a quick rundown

Stockpile

Here is where you buy your materials, and it is the guts of your economy, as you progress through the game, and recruit workers you will be able to buy different resources. and if you level them up, ten you will have even more stuff to buy from your homesteaders. its best that you see what you need to craft something in the crafting menu

Crafting

Easiest way to craft is to go around the world and unlock the chests, and level up your homesteaders. This will give you recipies and when you look in your crafting menu you will see the recipies menu. just look for a recipe that you like the look of for now and craft that. tip: The specials tab of recipe is very useful, here is where you build your convoys and upgrades for connor i.e. twin holsters.

Trade

Just select your convoy(s) and pack on some of your crafted stuff on there (or do what i do and send the hides that my hunter hunted, easy money early in the game) and then just send it off, it will take about 10-20 mins on a land convoy and watch out for notices that your convoy is attacked, you will need to defend it

That was just a quick run-down, ask me any specific questions you have, hope i helped
    The convoy that I sent in the beginning of the game (tutorial mission) got attacked and for the entire game (I'm on sequence 10 now) when I go to the trade section, it is just my two upgraded caravans and that one caravan that says "attacked."

I can't delete it or fix it, and it is just taking up space where I could have another caravan coming and going. How can I get three again?

@liamr11
    Thanks for the reply. I'm still at a loss to the logic of it all though (not your fault). It seems I have to buy stuff from the Homesteaders, and then in order to sell it on (send it out in a convoy) I have to pay again? That makes no sense to me. Also, Connor has loads of stuff himself in his stockpile, yet I can't seem to be able to do anything with it, I certainly can't go straight to trading with. Anyway, as a tutorial, I bought a load of stuff from the Homesteaders (apples, ash lumber, catnip, ****** pelts & clay). I go to the Trading menu and find that the one convoy I had seems to have disappeared, no idea where that got to. The original tutorial mission made me send it somewhere, I haven't seen it since and now all I have in the Trading section is the message "You don't have any convoys at this time". So now I've just wasted over a thousand pounds on a load of stuff that it seems I can't do anything with. I despair.

I've not even attempted to look at the crafting seeing as the rest of the accounting is so illogical to me (even though I've looted countless chests and acquired numerous recipes and items). Ubi really failed at providing a proper explanation for it, like that tedious bowling game you're forced into at one point (a Homestead mission). What were the rules? I had no idea at any moment what I was supposed to be doing in order to win. But I digress.

Anyway, any more help (as detailed and as idiot-proof as you can make it) would be greatly appreciated. As it stands, that whole aspect of AC3 (something I thoroughly enjoyed in the previous games) is sitting there unused, totally wasted, because Ubi couldn't be bothered to explain it properly.
    Last edited by TheSpong; 11-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast