Last edited by Phoenixmgs; 11-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
The movement was slower, the dieing was a lot quicker. That pace allowed teams the time and space to actually talk to each other, to adjust and think and move, whilst the intensity forced them to. That was where the innovation came from. Not spoon fed to you; just the right environment and pace to allow innovation to flourish from the players themselves - the moves, the co-ordination and the tactics.
I agree this game is a good shooter, but it doesn't have the depth that previous GRs had. I never won a single siege match by laying down in one spot and waiting for enemies to walk around corner. Not sure how that would ever actually get me to the base, but presumably you know better.
So explain then, a decent way to attack Jungle Mines, for example, or perhaps Rooftops. We had a variety of decent attack moves on those maps that some teams could never work out from plenty of times playing us - no kill cams you see. If you never bought the DLC maybe run us through how to win a siege match on Crash Site or Station. Talk me through Bonfires or Bunkers if you like as they were on GR2 and GRAW. I'm genuinely interested to hear how those were less innovative than this game in terms of what the payers did themselves. I'm not interested in the rock-paper-scissors argument over gadget choice, I'm interested to hear about how players played not what they played with, because it was the players that created the depth in GR and up until now the game didn't stop them.
I have to be honest...I agree with AI BLUEFOX.
The sheer amount of tactical options the original games provided was spectacular. I've never played online but have played some LAN matches on OGR and that game had some serious tactical flexibility owing to simple mechanics.
1. A first person perspective emphasized cautious movement and forced the player to check corners and his six
2. Foliage and camouflage really made concealment a worthwhile tactic - add to that the option to go prone, crouch and lean and you had tremendous felxibility in choosing the right bit of cover and concealing yourself...no forced animation loops that gave you away or an unfair avantage
3. The one hit kills and the slower pace - as BLUEFOX explained - re-enforced the notion of tactical movement and coordination
Ok, i have a few thoughts on this, and i am not going to push walls of text down everyone's throats so i will simply give bullet points on what i think needs to be implemented
1. Be able to show your rank in a lobby (60, 70, 80, etc..) Let me show my appreciation for the game!
2. More customization in terms of soldiers
3. More guns! If i am a rifleman and i want to use an assault rifle i can only use 3 depending on my faction. More is better! This is the Forza of shooters in terms of customization, but very few guns. How would forza feel if you had only 5 cars but all of the customization. See what im getting at?
4. Allow various classes to use different guns like in past graws (Not a big deal if its not implemented)
5. Have a set rotation for objectives. The objectives can be random, but having 3 objectives on my side of the map is unfair to the enemy team. The locations should be set (or general area)
6. Make Squad matches more accessible. We want to see leaderboards, competitions, maybe even prizes? Give squads an INCENTIVE to play!
7. When releasing DLC, make it appropriate please. The arctic strike DLC maps were HUGE in comparison. Moreover, more content for our money please!!
8. MORE lobby customization. This was standard in GRAW and all other GR's. Where did it go? 12 man co-op missions would be sick, and customizing the game to our liking would create TONS of replayability
9. Create more basic gametypes please. Conflict, Decoy, Stockade, Saboteur, and Takedown are great, BUT WHERE IS TDM? CTF? I love all the gametypes, but i feel like these new gametypes alienate newer players to the series. How is a noob supposed to expect to know how to play Decoy? You dont figure out the rules for the game until the game actually starts up (its in the respawn menu). Please put the rules for gametypes in more accessible places so noobs understand how to play.
10. Add more Ubisoft competitions. Those are awesome!
FIXES (Things that have been broken and were never properly fixed)
1. The servers are awful. Make them more stable please. I think everyone can agree that we should have a much more stable game in terms of how much lobbies drop when we play
2. The random spawn delay is un-necessary and for a highly competitive shooter, this is appalling. Spawn delay is when the game starts and it can take an extra 5-15 seconds to spawn for some odd reason (i assume it has something to do with connection)
3. Fix the killcams or take them out
4. Fix the random loading times (sometimes you get stuck in the loading screen?)
I personally LOVE ghost recon. I have like 40k kills and almost 12 days played. I won the Conflict kills competition and i want to see this series succeed badly (only boasting about myself to show my appreciation). much <3 and i will be playing this till the next one!
Come watch me livestream GRFS on Twitch.tv/Hek7iC.
Way to totally avoid a question directed to you. You seem to do that when you have no way to make a comeback :/ Might as well call him a jerkwad to.