Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 105

Thread: MAJOR tips for the next game | Forums

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs View Post
    Why would you repeatedly lean out thus exposing yourself (either to get shot or exposing your location) when you can just use the cover system and look around (with a better and larger view) without being seen or shot at?

    MGO had leaning and nobody ever leaned out repeatedly because they'd get their head shot off if they did.
    Regardless of whether it's realistic or not, the cover system just plays so much better. It's easier to use, it promotes movement around the map, and it's fluid. There's really nothing wrong with it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #62
    Senior Member Phoenixmgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity Diary View Post
    Regardless of whether it's realistic or not, the cover system just plays so much better. It's easier to use, it promotes movement around the map, and it's fluid. There's really nothing wrong with it.
    I'm not saying take away the cover system at all. I am saying they should ADD a lean ability that whenever you aim while scoped-in (aiming down the sights in 1st-person), you can lean left or right using the d-pad. Leaning is mainly something you do while out in the open when your aim is just off to the left or right, then you lean accordingly to compensate. It's not meant for leaning around corners. The d-pad is not used while scoped-in anyways, I guess you can use it to switch grenades and equipment still but who does that when shooting anyways.
    Last edited by Phoenixmgs; 11-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs View Post
    I'm not saying take away the cover system at all. I am saying they should ADD a lean ability that whenever you aim while scoped-in (aiming down the sights in 1st-person), you can lean left or right using the d-pad. Leaning is mainly something you do while out in the open when your aim is just off to the left or right, then you lean accordingly to compensate. It's not meant for leaning around corners. The d-pad is not used while scoped-in anyways, I guess you can use it to switch grenades and equipment still but who does that when shooting anyways.
    sounds to me like you want grfs to be exactly like mgo

    play peace walker online with me

    me lag?
    ur hullarioz!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity Diary View Post
    Previous games were slow and not very innovative, and multiplayer matches could be won by simply laying down in one spot and waiting for enemies to walk around the corner.

    You guys are living in the past, looking through your elitist retrospective rose-colored glasses. This game is REALLY good. It's so much better than any other multiplayer game, including the previous Ghost Recons.
    It's not elitist or living in the past to make a comparison with the direction a series takes so quit with the name calling. Just because our opinion differs there is no need to be so hostile.

    The movement was slower, the dieing was a lot quicker. That pace allowed teams the time and space to actually talk to each other, to adjust and think and move, whilst the intensity forced them to. That was where the innovation came from. Not spoon fed to you; just the right environment and pace to allow innovation to flourish from the players themselves - the moves, the co-ordination and the tactics.

    I agree this game is a good shooter, but it doesn't have the depth that previous GRs had. I never won a single siege match by laying down in one spot and waiting for enemies to walk around corner. Not sure how that would ever actually get me to the base, but presumably you know better.

    So explain then, a decent way to attack Jungle Mines, for example, or perhaps Rooftops. We had a variety of decent attack moves on those maps that some teams could never work out from plenty of times playing us - no kill cams you see. If you never bought the DLC maybe run us through how to win a siege match on Crash Site or Station. Talk me through Bonfires or Bunkers if you like as they were on GR2 and GRAW. I'm genuinely interested to hear how those were less innovative than this game in terms of what the payers did themselves. I'm not interested in the rock-paper-scissors argument over gadget choice, I'm interested to hear about how players played not what they played with, because it was the players that created the depth in GR and up until now the game didn't stop them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #65
    Senior Member shobhit7777777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    7,228
    I have to be honest...I agree with AI BLUEFOX.

    The sheer amount of tactical options the original games provided was spectacular. I've never played online but have played some LAN matches on OGR and that game had some serious tactical flexibility owing to simple mechanics.

    1. A first person perspective emphasized cautious movement and forced the player to check corners and his six
    2. Foliage and camouflage really made concealment a worthwhile tactic - add to that the option to go prone, crouch and lean and you had tremendous felxibility in choosing the right bit of cover and concealing yourself...no forced animation loops that gave you away or an unfair avantage
    3. The one hit kills and the slower pace - as BLUEFOX explained - re-enforced the notion of tactical movement and coordination

    I'm Batman



    Sig: Jazz117Volkov
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs View Post
    I'm not saying take away the cover system at all. I am saying they should ADD a lean ability that whenever you aim while scoped-in (aiming down the sights in 1st-person), you can lean left or right using the d-pad. Leaning is mainly something you do while out in the open when your aim is just off to the left or right, then you lean accordingly to compensate. It's not meant for leaning around corners. The d-pad is not used while scoped-in anyways, I guess you can use it to switch grenades and equipment still but who does that when shooting anyways.
    yeah I hear you on that but not for this GR sure it is a change of pace but not going to happen be sides I like cover but I also can adapt to the lean feature real easy to for I played socom alooooonnnnggg time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity Diary View Post
    Previous games were slow and not very innovative, and multiplayer matches could be won by simply laying down in one spot and waiting for enemies to walk around the corner.

    You guys are living in the past, looking through your elitist retrospective rose-colored glasses. This game is REALLY good. It's so much better than any other multiplayer game, including the previous Ghost Recons.
    Sorry for this in advance but what living in the past? dude have you ever played these type of tactical shooters and I don't mean cod,mw of any sorts,bf3,moh the reference to these games--->(MGO,COUNTER STRIKE,OLD GRAWS,S.W.A.T.,SOCOM) basically made those but devs thought the run and gun was and is more important than the core skill base that it takes to play those the above mentions are do not and I repeat do not take any skill base what so ever buy MGO, COUNTER STRIKE, OLD GRAWS, S.W.A.T. AND so on or buy a ps3 for socom then you will see and feel the total differences between them.
    Last edited by smilecry; 11-19-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: forgot to edit lol I'm such a lame some times lol
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #68
    Ok, i have a few thoughts on this, and i am not going to push walls of text down everyone's throats so i will simply give bullet points on what i think needs to be implemented

    1. Be able to show your rank in a lobby (60, 70, 80, etc..) Let me show my appreciation for the game!

    2. More customization in terms of soldiers

    3. More guns! If i am a rifleman and i want to use an assault rifle i can only use 3 depending on my faction. More is better! This is the Forza of shooters in terms of customization, but very few guns. How would forza feel if you had only 5 cars but all of the customization. See what im getting at?

    4. Allow various classes to use different guns like in past graws (Not a big deal if its not implemented)

    5. Have a set rotation for objectives. The objectives can be random, but having 3 objectives on my side of the map is unfair to the enemy team. The locations should be set (or general area)

    6. Make Squad matches more accessible. We want to see leaderboards, competitions, maybe even prizes? Give squads an INCENTIVE to play!

    7. When releasing DLC, make it appropriate please. The arctic strike DLC maps were HUGE in comparison. Moreover, more content for our money please!!

    8. MORE lobby customization. This was standard in GRAW and all other GR's. Where did it go? 12 man co-op missions would be sick, and customizing the game to our liking would create TONS of replayability

    9. Create more basic gametypes please. Conflict, Decoy, Stockade, Saboteur, and Takedown are great, BUT WHERE IS TDM? CTF? I love all the gametypes, but i feel like these new gametypes alienate newer players to the series. How is a noob supposed to expect to know how to play Decoy? You dont figure out the rules for the game until the game actually starts up (its in the respawn menu). Please put the rules for gametypes in more accessible places so noobs understand how to play.

    10. Add more Ubisoft competitions. Those are awesome!

    ----------------------------------
    FIXES (Things that have been broken and were never properly fixed)

    1. The servers are awful. Make them more stable please. I think everyone can agree that we should have a much more stable game in terms of how much lobbies drop when we play

    2. The random spawn delay is un-necessary and for a highly competitive shooter, this is appalling. Spawn delay is when the game starts and it can take an extra 5-15 seconds to spawn for some odd reason (i assume it has something to do with connection)

    3. Fix the killcams or take them out

    4. Fix the random loading times (sometimes you get stuck in the loading screen?)

    -------------------------------------------

    I personally LOVE ghost recon. I have like 40k kills and almost 12 days played. I won the Conflict kills competition and i want to see this series succeed badly (only boasting about myself to show my appreciation). much <3 and i will be playing this till the next one!


    The Grind

    Twitter: @Hek7iC
    GT: Hek7iC

    Come watch me livestream GRFS on Twitch.tv/Hek7iC.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ThE_Hek7iC View Post
    Ok, i have a few thoughts on this, and i am not going to push walls of text down everyone's throats so i will simply give bullet points on what i think needs to be implemented

    1. Be able to show your rank in a lobby (60, 70, 80, etc..) Let me show my appreciation for the game!

    2. More customization in terms of soldiers

    3. More guns! If i am a rifleman and i want to use an assault rifle i can only use 3 depending on my faction. More is better! This is the Forza of shooters in terms of customization, but very few guns. How would forza feel if you had only 5 cars but all of the customization. See what im getting at?

    4. Allow various classes to use different guns like in past graws (Not a big deal if its not implemented)

    5. Have a set rotation for objectives. The objectives can be random, but having 3 objectives on my side of the map is unfair to the enemy team. The locations should be set (or general area)

    6. Make Squad matches more accessible. We want to see leaderboards, competitions, maybe even prizes? Give squads an INCENTIVE to play!

    7. When releasing DLC, make it appropriate please. The arctic strike DLC maps were HUGE in comparison. Moreover, more content for our money please!!

    8. MORE lobby customization. This was standard in GRAW and all other GR's. Where did it go? 12 man co-op missions would be sick, and customizing the game to our liking would create TONS of replayability

    9. Create more basic gametypes please. Conflict, Decoy, Stockade, Saboteur, and Takedown are great, BUT WHERE IS TDM? CTF? I love all the gametypes, but i feel like these new gametypes alienate newer players to the series. How is a noob supposed to expect to know how to play Decoy? You dont figure out the rules for the game until the game actually starts up (its in the respawn menu). Please put the rules for gametypes in more accessible places so noobs understand how to play.

    10. Add more Ubisoft competitions. Those are awesome!

    ----------------------------------
    FIXES (Things that have been broken and were never properly fixed)

    1. The servers are awful. Make them more stable please. I think everyone can agree that we should have a much more stable game in terms of how much lobbies drop when we play

    2. The random spawn delay is un-necessary and for a highly competitive shooter, this is appalling. Spawn delay is when the game starts and it can take an extra 5-15 seconds to spawn for some odd reason (i assume it has something to do with connection)

    3. Fix the killcams or take them out

    4. Fix the random loading times (sometimes you get stuck in the loading screen?)

    -------------------------------------------

    I personally LOVE ghost recon. I have like 40k kills and almost 12 days played. I won the Conflict kills competition and i want to see this series succeed badly (only boasting about myself to show my appreciation). much <3 and i will be playing this till the next one!
    I actually agree with all of these points. I would love more customization options, and CTF sounds like it'd be really fun!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    864
    Way to totally avoid a question directed to you. You seem to do that when you have no way to make a comeback :/ Might as well call him a jerkwad to.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •