Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonware DONE???? | Forums

Posted on Ubisoft's facebook page:

Why did you discontinue the servers for 'Haze' and why do you think it's acceptable to do so without any notice to all of those people who regularly played Haze online and still don't know what's going on? They think it's a problem with their router or internet connection and they blame Demonware while all the time you were responsible and told no-one. This is NOT acceptable, you are duping your customers, some of whom bought expansion packs for the game just recently. When we buy games that are supposed to have online support for a multiplayer capability and then further down the line you withdraw that support you show a contemptuous disregard for your customers that will not go unnoticed. Haze is still a very popular online multiplayer and the server should be reinstated ASAP. We will email support, post on here and the Ubisoft forum and generally make it known how you treat your customers in the gaming community until it is reinstated.
    Those of you who own other Ubisoft games, watch out, you could be next.
    http://www.facebook.com/ubisoft?ref=ts&fref=ts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I got an answer right now :

Response Via Email (Anette) 11/13/2012 15:56
    Hello Dan

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Haze.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident).

As we're not supporting this game, we recommend you check for who the developer was for the game and try contacting them in order to address the issue of the access to the game and servers.

The game was developed by Free Radical Design and you can find their website either by navigating to http://www.hazegame.com/ or to http://www.crytek.com/

Apologies for this inconvenience caused

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Nette
    Ubisoft Technical Support.

That's better.
    Cheers m8, thanks for posting, we'll try both of those, hope it gets us somewhere!

Lol, the first link she gave ya brings us back to Ubisoft.
    Crytek though, were formerly Free Radical and are based in Nottingham, UK. I'll try them.

Emailed this to contact@crytek.com:

Hi, I was pointed in your direction by Ubisoft, after contacting them to try and get the server reinstated for the Free Radical game 'Haze' for ps3.
    Our problem is that for about a month and a half now, anyone wanting to play the Haze online multiplayer is being presented with this onscreen message: 'connection to Demonware failed, please try again later'.
    This situation is ongoing, and the majority of gamers don't know what's going on, and they check their router ports over and over and check their connections to no avail.
    As it turns out, and I've only found this out after a lengthy process with Ubisoft communicating through email, is, according to them, this:
    ''Unfortunately, the Haze servers were discontinued by Ubisoft some time ago. If they have been up after this, we were not responsible.''

I'm just one of a large number of people trying to get the multiplayer back online, a friend of mine got this reply from Ubisoft:

''As we're not supporting this game, we recommend you check for who the developer was for the game and try contacting them in order to address the issue of the access to the game and servers.
    The game was developed by Free Radical Design and you can find their website either by navigating to http://www.hazegame.com/ or to http://www.crytek.com/
    Apologies for this inconvenience caused.''

As it stands, we have contacted Demonware (who provided the server), who pointed us towards Activision (as Activision acquired Demonware some years ago), but Activision only have FAQ's on their support page about their games, and Haze is not an Activision game, it's Ubisoft. We are getting a kind of runaround, and now finally we are directed, by Ubisoft, to you, as former Free Radical Design.
    I can only hope you are sympathetic to our cause, the thing is, while like most FPS games, the campaign mode is somewhat boring once you've played it and replayed it at harder difficulty, the online multiplayer is hugely popular and Haze particularly so. There are an awful lot of people out there very angry at this, the fact that online support simply got pulled without any notice and with total disregard for the online gaming community. A lot of us had recently bought expansion packs for the game, the Domination and Destruction map packs, and some bought the game itself, and no-one informed us of the impending removal of online support.

As an example of our feelings on this, this was posted on Ubisofts facebook page:

''Why did you discontinue the servers for 'Haze' and why do you think it's acceptable to do so without any notice to all of those people who regularly played Haze online and still don't know what's going on? They think it's a problem with their router or internet connection and they blame Demonware while all the time you were responsible and told no-one. This is NOT acceptable, you are duping your customers, some of whom bought expansion packs for the game just recently. When we buy games that are supposed to have online support for a multiplayer capability and then further down the line you withdraw that support you show a contemptuous disregard for your customers that will not go unnoticed. Haze is still a very popular online multiplayer and the server should be reinstated ASAP. We will email support, post on here and the Ubisoft forum and generally make it known how you treat your customers in the gaming community until it is reinstated.
    Those of you who own other Ubisoft games, watch out, you could be next.''

I hope you will be able to do something for us, there are many Haze fans out there who would be very grateful for any help, just check out the HAZE page on facebook or the Haze forum on Ubisoft, among others. http://www.facebook.com/hazegame
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...=1#post8699984

Thank you for your time, Regards,
    Johannes De Bruin (Johro66), on behalf of Haze's online gaming community.

Well... I sent that email to Crytek almost a week ago, no answer. Ubisoft sent me a reply saying that since I had not replied to their email response within 48 hrs they considered the issue 'solved'. Cheeky c#nts.
    I DID reply to their email as soon as I got it, so I don't know where they got that idea from. It seems they think if they ignore us we'll go away. I sent a new email to Ubisoft, not in reply, but a new 'incident'. They don't like that. Good. Getting sick of it. Haze is their responsibility, their game, it's up to them to make sure we can play the online multiplayer, no point blaming other people, if the fault is with someone outside Ubisoft it's their job to chase it up and sort it, not ours.
    Last edited by Johro66; 11-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Hi Johro66, when opening a ticket with Support if a reply isn't given within 48 hours they assume the issue is solved and will close the ticket. However, seeing as you did reply in 48 hours could you PM your ticket number to a member of support or a Forum Manager so we can investigate it for you please.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

To be honest Ubi-Mush, I would think the issue is pretty clear from reading this forum.
    I have resubmitted my 'incident' anyway, through the link in the email from Ubisoft.
    As far as the issue goes though, just read these few pages.

Haze online community

EXACTLY,
    by the way ,he is not on his own,Johro66 is representing all of us "Haze online community"we are all merely waiting for this issue to be resolved,Haze is a unique FPS, its was the only old skool shooter out there,and has a very tight community of online friends,Which have been left stranded without explantion,for most of us ,its the only game we play,if it doesnt come back online, we might aswell delete our PSN accounts,and sell our ps3's, If u cannot resolve this issue,could u please point us in the right direction,
    Thank You ,"johro66" we will continue to follow your progress on this issue

I CONFIRM !
    Johro66 is our leader thread on this subject, and many of us are behind him, we follow his many interventions, and we follow very closely the responses it gets. We are over 500 fans on 'Haze' on FB, it is not neutral. We broadcast widely around us which was done with Haze online, and the contempt with which we are treated today. Everyone has the right to know that the game ubisoft he buys, he will not be very long play online with!!!
    This situation is unacceptable, and we will not give anything, it's a promise.
    Many thanks to Johro66 .

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast