Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uplay outfit in Ac3. Redone, or old skin? [POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS] | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Uplay outfit in Ac3. Redone, or old skin? [POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS]

The outfit from ACB is in AC3 on uplay. My question is do you think that the outfit will be redone so it will look better and have better physics, or do you think that they will just use the old skin, if they can... and as a side note, speaking of old skins being reused, why the heck didn't they reuse the old Desmond skin from AC1 in every AC game?! It was very detailed!... back on topic... They used the old ACB skin in the making of videos, but, the graphics altogether in those segments looked like ACB graphics. I believe that they will update the ACB skin or redo it so that it looks better.

Sig by JCearlyyears. Noob with skills.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by JCearlyyears View Post
    The outfit from ACB is in AC3 on uplay. My question is do you think that the outfit will be redone so it will look better and have better physics, or do you think that they will just use the old skin, if they can... and as a side note, speaking of old skins being reused, why the heck didn't they reuse the old Desmond skin from AC1 in every AC game?! It was very detailed!... back on topic... They used the old ACB skin in the making of videos, but, the graphics altogether in those segments looked like ACB graphics. I believe that they will update the ACB skin or redo it so that it looks better.
    I'd imagine it'll just be the Brotherhood skin. To be honest, the Brotherhood outfit was detailed enough to work in AC3, there'll be a bit of clipping here and there but it's to be expected.

As for Desmond, they stopped using the model they used for his face back in AC Brotherhood, so he should look different. Besides, Desmond's AC1 model wasn't detailed at all. It was hardly animated and very smudgy. His Brotherhood model was the best.
    I've finally got a signature.

PSN : dewgel
    Twitter : @dewgel

Noticing a trend with the name yet?

Brotherhood's was the best outfit so far.

Quote Originally Posted by kuled2012 View Post
    Brotherhood's was the best outfit so far.
    I agree.
    Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace - Ezio Auditore da Firenze, 1486.

Reply to Dewgel

Opinions, but I liked the AC1 model best and thought it was the best, and I believe his face has degraded in every AC game since. Sure, it wasn't that animated, but he was detailed in my opinion.
    Back on topic, I don't think that the brotherhood model is detailed enough. It would look out of place. 2010 graphics surrounded by 2012 graphics. I don't think it would look right.

I think they'll redesign (keep it the same but update it a bit). It just wouldn't look right with the current animations for Connor. Connor's flaps seem to move physics based, it would be odd if the brotherhood outfit stuck to his leg completely. It would also be weird if they just gave us brotherhood animations while we use the outfit (99% certain that won't happen). There is a small chance that they will just use the old outfit and tweak it slightly so that it won't clip as much with the new animations (since they used it for testing, but as you said the whole game looked "brotherhood" back then), that would give it sort of an oldschool AC feel which would be ok.

The big question here is whether it's an Ezio "skin" (probably not updated) or a "Connor in Ezio's robes" (probably updated). Personally I'm imagining it as "Connor in Ezio's robes" with cloth physics and updated textures.
    Last edited by Ielgon; 10-13-2012 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielgon View Post
    I think they'll redesign (keep it the same but update it a bit). It just wouldn't look right with the current animations for Connor. Connor's flaps seem to move physics based, it would be odd if the brotherhood outfit stuck to his leg completely. It would also be weird if they just gave us brotherhood animations while we use the outfit (99% certain that won't happen). There is a small chance that they will just use the old outfit and tweak it slightly so that it won't clip as much with the new animations (since they used it for testing, but as you said the whole game looked "brotherhood" back then), that would give it sort of an oldschool AC feel which would be ok.

The big question here is whether it's an Ezio "skin" (probably not updated) or a "Connor in Ezio's robes" (probably updated). Personally I'm imagining it as "Connor in Ezio's robes" with cloth physics and updated textures.
    I hope it isn't Connor in Ezio's robes. That would piss me off. I like Ezio, and his robes, which is why I'd be wearing the outfit, and then they don't let us play as Ezio?.. Grrr. I hope that they put in a Desmond skin so I can run around in the forest and the cities as Desmond.

I think they will add physics too it. Ezios Brotherhood model was the one they used in testing so they probably had an idea early on to include his clothes in the game.

Edit: It isn't an Ezio skin, the Uplay says something along the lines of Ezios Outfit.

There are people who live in a dream world, And there are people who live in Reality; And there are those that turn one into the other.

If you are on uplay, could you check to see what they said for the Altair skins in the previous games? As in if they said outfit or skin.

Quote Originally Posted by JCearlyyears View Post
    If you are on uplay, could you check to see what they said for the Altair skins in the previous games? As in if they said outfit or skin.
    AC2's Uplay was "Altairs Outfit" but that was due to Altair still having Desmonds face so we had Altairs face not Ezios.
    AC:B Uplay said "Altair's Robes" Which was actually Altairs face aswell, not Ezio.
    AC:R had the skin as "Altairs Robes" which had old Ezio in Altairs outfit
    AC:3's Uplay says "Ezio's Outfit" but the description then goes on to say "Play in Ezio's Outfit from AC:Brotherhood", so it won't be Ezio in the outfit but Connor.

There are people who live in a dream world, And there are people who live in Reality; And there are those that turn one into the other.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast