Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is PC Version of AC3 Delayed ? | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Question Why Is PC Version of AC3 Delayed ?

I just found out that the PC version of Assassins Creed III is coming out a month after the Console Version ( Console : October 30, PC : November 29 ) I am outraged by this. How is it that people Pay $500 for a console whilst we pay at least $1500 for a gaming PC and for what gain, We get games released a whole month later. People with consoles will have finished the whole game before we even get a chance to Open the box. Ubisoft This has been a common thing for you, you did the same with Brotherhood. I expected better from a Company of your caliber. Im not blaming you for delaying the game but i would still want to know exactly why PC is getting delayed.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Funny that u mention paying 1500 for gaming PC, this money obviously have nothing to do with Ubisoft. You CHOOSE to play on PC. PC release requres more effort to support wider range of hardware, this time they even making use of DX11, so they spending time for PC-only features while PC sales traditionally at least 5x lower than on each console. Be glad that they releasing it at all.
    You sure, you're right? Well no, you're wrong. You don't feel my energy. But it won't be long

Welcome to Ubisoft's every AC delay, it's obviously done to boost the console sales. Ubisoft is a mostly-console based company, they've earned a 'reputation' of treating PC customers badly and hence that lowers their sales, things like that awful DRM in the past, and not optimizing game properly for the PC(LOD issues, console textures) does a lot of 'damage', and so PC players slowly are...backing away from Ubi. Hopefully AC3 PC is good enough, and maybe it'll win back the faith of PC players.

Quote Originally Posted by sidspyker24 View Post
    Welcome to Ubisoft's every AC delay, it's obviously done to boost the console sales. Ubisoft is a mostly-console based company, they've earned a 'reputation' of treating PC customers badly and hence that lowers their sales, things like that awful DRM in the past, and not optimizing game properly for the PC(LOD issues, console textures) does a lot of 'damage', and so PC players slowly are...backing away from Ubi. Hopefully AC3 PC is good enough, and maybe it'll win back the faith of PC players.
    I have to agree with you. I did some research and apparently this have become a regular thing for Ubisoft, the Assassins Creed Brotherhood was delayed by 4 Months (A THIRD OF THE WHOLE YEAR). Though I dont think ill ever be able to turn away from the Assassins Creed Series, no matter the flaws the games still top my charts due to the amazing story and gameplay. I Just expected better of Ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Anykeyer View Post
    Funny that u mention paying 1500 for gaming PC, this money obviously have nothing to do with Ubisoft. You CHOOSE to play on PC. PC release requres more effort to support wider range of hardware, this time they even making use of DX11, so they spending time for PC-only features while PC sales traditionally at least 5x lower than on each console. Be glad that they releasing it at all.
    Well maybe PC sales would go up if Ubisoft started treating the PC users better. I dont see Activision, Bioware and EA doing this. Why only Ubisoft? Look at Battlefield 3 for example, No delay and it happened to have so many advances in the field of PC Gaming. They managed to put DX11 in it and a new engine aswell. I think Ubisoft should be able to do it in 2012 if EA managed it in 2011.
    Last edited by PranavT; 10-12-2012 at 06:39 AM.

No, they wont go up.
    Your point isnt valid. BF series roots are at PC, its competitive shooter and its one of PC not-so-dead genres. AC series are console action adventure games originally developed for consoles, many core features and even kb/m control scheme are dictated by consoles hardware.They simply port it to PC using separate studio (ACR and AC3 are ported by ukrainian Ubi Kiev).
    Besides, like its first time you ever encounter PC release delays or console exclusives. In case with BF where is Bad Company for PC?
    Honestly I cant care less about this delay. I have more games than I have time to play them already. And if you want so badly to get that game just a few weeks sooner then by all means just buy a console.
    You sure, you're right? Well no, you're wrong. You don't feel my energy. But it won't be long

Its not that bad its only 20 days delay

Unlike 5 months with previous games (excluding Revelations)

Ubisoft is notorious for delaying games, sometimes right at the last minute. Hopefully this will be the last delay but when it comes to Ubi, I don't keep my hopes up (especially after the horrid Future Soldier fiasco). But hey, if they want to cater to the console-kids that's fine, it's their financial loss.....as long as they don't start blaming piracy again. That was quite the eye roller.
    Last edited by Beylous; 10-13-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anykeyer View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Beylous View Post
    [...]...as long as they don't start blaming piracy again.[...]
    Ofcourse they will, it's their go-to excuse for everything

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast