Thread: Voice chat in Raven shield co-op | Forums

Me and my friends like to play co-op alot but we always wished we had voice chat. Is there one in the game...or if someone can find me a mod that would implement voice chat that would be great...thx in advance
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Me and my friends like to play co-op alot but we always wished we had voice chat. Is there one in the game...or if someone can find me a mod that would implement voice chat that would be great...thx in advance

their is no in game voice chat. you will have to use 3rd party voice chat applications like ventriol (or however u speel that) or teamspeek etc.

no mod, dont think there will be.

downloads: http://www.tacticalcenter.net/dl.php
    join #ravenshield on irc.pgpn.com irc://irc.pgpn.com/ravenshield

Refer to my Roger Wilco thread or download roger wilco from Download.com.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iamguruz24:
    Refer to my Roger Wilco thread or download roger wilco from Download.com.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eep, People still use RW?

Try Teamspeak @ http://www.teamspeak.org/
    or
    Ventrilo @ http://www.ventrilo.com

Note for both someone has to have a server too. The Ventrilo one is a bit more complicated then Teamspeak but i like it.

Ventrilo is clearer than my telephone! 'Tis a little difficult to work out at first, but once you've sussed it, it's dead easy.

I've tried ventrilo and Teamspeak and I find Teamspeak a lot clearer than Ventrilo

=CNR= Testlab. The Dead Can Still Dance ...

The clearness depends on your computer i guess. Some it'll be clear as it can be, others its not as clear so they refer to something else, but i would have to say use ventrillo its a bit hard at first but when you got it figured out, your set

Banned
    The clearness does not depend on your comuter, but rather what voice codec the teamspeak or ventrillo server is using. Teamspeak is better if the server you are on allows the realy high codecs like the 25.9Kb codec. Ventrillo codec is 12.something Kb which is why it is lower quality than the best teamspeak codecs. Roger Wilco only has one codec option I think it might be around 5Kb

Other factors on clarity are available bandwidth - both at the clientside end and the server end. If there are 25 people on your server and you are using a high-rate codec and your server is hosted off of a cable modem connection, you are going to get crappy communication. If you server has a high codec and you connect via 56K, you are going to get crappy communication. I could go on and on, but whats the point.