Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GRFS: Alternative Warfare Tournament for XBOX and PS3 - Elite Battle Zone | Forums

So as of right now we have secured some DLC codes for the XBox360 and PS3 champs. 6 codes for each player on the winning team from the championship matches. We were given these codes by Ubi_Antoine and Ubisoft. We are currently working on getting more prizes from other sources. We are also working on prizes for the #1 MVP of the season for both systems. If you are looking to participate and you apply, be sure to check back regularly to see if your team has received an invite. We had tried to do a tournament before for the PS3 and it never started because the clans that were invited never came back to accept their invites or check any other communications we sent out. If anybody has any questions feel free to email, PM, or send me a message on the PSN.

PSN ID: Pryboy
    email: c.davis@elitebattlezone.com
    PM on EliteBattleZone.com after you register
    PM me here I check daily.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Question? I have seen how the tournament is setup but how come on a custom match the only reason I am asking this is because I was one who signed up for the tournament but squad could not come together but if we did we would have like to climb up the leader board to show our progression as well as in the tournament.

These tournaments are for the fun of competition against other squads who are like minded and tired of playing in public rooms against random people. They are for the squads who want to prove that they are as good as they think they are. The prizes are a bonus and should never be the reason that someone joins these tournaments. Dont get us wrong, we know the prizes are nice to receive, but they are not the reason a person, clan, or squad should enter the tournament.

The reason for the custom match is because maps are selected by the EBZ. Also for the reason mentioned earlier about HOME and AWAY teams. This is the only way we can get the maps that are selected by the EBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryboy View Post
    The reason for the custom match is because maps are selected by the EBZ. Also for the reason mentioned earlier about HOME and AWAY teams. This is the only way we can get the maps that are selected by the EBZ.
    oh OK now i understand gotcha thanks for the clarification.

can people still join?

Quote Originally Posted by donut2309 View Post
    can people still join?
    Even with the tremendous support from Ubisoft and our other sponsors this game is not providing enough participants that can achieve launch for the tournament. There are just 6 days left before the start of the tournament and there has only been 1 Xbox clan application submitted. I am at a loss for words! I have never seen a shooter game not have at least 1 successful tournament be it at the Elite Battle Zone, MLG, GB, FN, or other sites. So I think we will be passing on any future tournaments for GRFS as the player base just does not seem interested in competitive play be it single or clan based.

Quote Originally Posted by EBZ2010 View Post
    Even with the tremendous support from Ubisoft and our other sponsors this game is not providing enough participants that can achieve launch for the tournament. There are just 6 days left before the start of the tournament and there has only been 1 Xbox clan application submitted. I am at a loss for words! I have never seen a shooter game not have at least 1 successful tournament be it at the Elite Battle Zone, MLG, GB, FN, or other sites. So I think we will be passing on any future tournaments for GRFS as the player base just does not seem interested in competitive play be it single or clan based.
    Because there is no more clan base.

I would have joined but your rules are ridiculous(Probably would have been the only PS3 squad anyways); No Stun Mines, Med Kits...etc. I can understand No GL but everything else is absurd, might as well not allow any equipment.

Also having to participate in Custom matches is a deal breaker. Any good squad should be able to hold their own on any map.

Quote Originally Posted by ln_l3loolvl View Post
    I would have joined but your rules are ridiculous(Probably would have been the only PS3 squad anyways); No Stun Mines, Med Kits...etc. I can understand No GL but everything else is absurd, might as well not allow any equipment.
    I will have to agree, restricting what sets this game apart from other games is alienating the players who ultimately may have wanted to join this comp..... Not me, have no clan, nor do i want one, but those who do want to play THIS game, not something SIMILAR..... Just trying to help you out, EBZ

Quote Originally Posted by PublicVermin View Post
    I will have to agree, restricting what sets this game apart from other games is alienating the players who ultimately may have wanted to join this comp..... Not me, have no clan, nor do i want one, but those who do want to play THIS game, not something SIMILAR..... Just trying to help you out, EBZ
    Help is always appreciated! With the settings they are selected based on feedback from community members and clans whom are played with in game to gauge what is liked and not liked. We cater to the gamers by the gamers. We do not create for our self pleasure but for the masses. If we have ideas stated to us that are of popular belief we use them. If they are stated to us that clans will play with these settings we will use them. However; never will any single setting ever provide excitement for 100% everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast