Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Tone Cable not working on PC? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Real Tone Cable not working on PC?

I just downloaded the new Rocksmith demo off of Steam, but for some reason the program isn't recognizing my cable. My pc sees it, and it's listed in the devices section of the Control Panel, but no dice in-game. I bought the cable with the Xbox 360 version; any chance this cable isn't compatible with the pc? I figured the cables for all versions were the same, but I dunno...Any help would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

download and install asio4all then follow the pdf instructions. takes abit of faff but will work eventually, using mine with guitar rig 6 no problems now.

Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it. For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.

Thanks for the help, guys. The asio4all did the trick, no configuration necessary.

I am no means stupid and I tried installing asio4all, looked at the pdf and tried to go through the steps, I stopped at open your program and configure your software, how in the world do you fix this on rocksmith? there is no sound options to change anything, it does not recognize it is even plugged in when I load the game up, I can do this on say FL or any other software that lets me change the sound settings, but rocksmith is different. I thought I was stupid so I pulled up a tutorial but still to no avail... so if anyone here has got this working for rocksmith please instruct me on what to do, I am at the point of refunding my game and just going back to ps3

EDIT: there is a yellow triangle by the USB Audio device and when I went to device and printers I seen a yellow triangle by Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter, I tried looking for drivers for it but nothing, do I have to plug it in to a USB 2.0 port? is my USB 3.0 port too much or too little? I plugged it in the front and back of my PC and it keeps saying Failed when it trys to install a driver for it. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by DarkBebi; 09-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.

@DarkBebi I have the same problem, but I found a way to make it work. Make sure your cable is not plugged in to the computer, then restart it. Load up the game, pick a song or something, and plug your cable in when it asks you to. I've done this twice so far and it seems to work. Hope it works for you and everyone else (Like myself) googling this thread.

EDIT: Nope, restarting the computer doesn't do anything. Just keep trying to plug it in. Open up "Devices and Printers" and watch for it. If a yellow " ! " pops up then unplug the cable and try again. It'll work eventually after doing this several times.
    Last edited by Krazeecain; 10-17-2012 at 07:54 PM.

The cable wasn't working for me in the beginning, the game would just say that it was unplugged, even though it shows up as an input device in Windows. For me, the solution was to go into the properties of the Rocksmith adapter and change the default format to 16-bit 48 kHz (it was by default 16/44.1 which Rocksmith doesn't support). After this the game is working fine, although the input lag is very frustrating, even at input delay setting on 2. I have an M-Audio USB interface and I'm more used to playing with 2ms input lag.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantDragon View Post
    Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it. For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.
    For problems getting the Rocksmith cable to be recognized on PC, and when the cable is only recognized intermittently, try this and tell me if it works. I figure that the Rocksmith Real Tone cable needs extra juice (electric power) in order to be able to run properly. Try plugging it into a powered USB port hub instead of plugging it directly into the computer. A powered USB port hub is a USB hub that has a wall-wart (transformer) that plugs into the wall for extra power. Hey, it works with external hard drives and external DVD drives that need more power! Maybe it will work for this. Anyway having that extra boost of power couldn't hurt. Let me know what you find. Thanks.
    P.S. I am going to post this in several spots (in this forum) where people are talking about RS cables not being recognized. Thanks again!

try plugging the cable into one of the usb ports attached to the board, these tend to be the ones at the back of the pc box, they seem to always have better power than the front usb's noticed my cable was re-recognised when it was plugged in there and responds a lot better on guitar rig now.

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    If you are having problems getting your PC to recognize the cable, please see the FAQ's.
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...tion-and-FAQ-s

It tells you how to configure it and there is troubleshooting at the bottom.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast