Thread: M-audio Fast Track v.2 instead of rocksmith cable? | Forums

  1. #1

    M-audio Fast Track v.2 instead of rocksmith cable?

    Hi,
    I'd like if M-audio fast track v2 interface would be compatible with Rocksmith for PC.

    Thanks!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,661
    No has yet posted a cable that works with rocksmith other than the one they supply. It seems to act as a hardware d.ongle
    Conversely, the rocksmith cable does however work with other audio software
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    No has yet posted a cable that works with rocksmith other than the one they supply. It seems to act as a hardware d.ongle
    Conversely, the rocksmith cable does however work with other audio software
    that would suck if rocksmith wont work with other (read BETTER) audio interfaces, which users have for years already...
    Share this post

  4. #4
    You should try anyway in my opinion, for the only thing the real tone cable does is converting your signal into a digital form.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,661
    Well, from Ubisoft's perspective it's a no-brainer anti-piracy move. At the very least they get your cable money.
    And of course it allows them to use only a known cable with predictable behaviour, other cables might introduce variable they can't handle. Who knows?

    Out of curiosity, In what way is the Op cable "better" ?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by KinchBlade Go to original post
    Well, from Ubisoft's perspective it's a no-brainer anti-piracy move. At the very least they get your cable money.
    And of course it allows them to use only a known cable with predictable behaviour, other cables might introduce variable they can't handle. Who knows?

    Out of curiosity, In what way is the Op cable "better" ?
    yup, i guess ure right

    better cables i mean audio interfaces like m-audio fast track, pod studios etc. and they're better because of lower latency and other technical b***** which i dont understand
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I use the Line 6 Guitar port to connect my Guitar to my PC. It is USB like the cable, but I am sure it would be a lot better and also means I don't have to go and buy a cable. I downloaded the demo to give this a try, if I liked it i would have bought it. If people cant use another input device other than the propriety cable, then i think a fair amount of people might move on to the next thing. Myself included. Does anyone know of any other interface to interact with Rocksmith other than the official cable?
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Brewer74 Go to original post
    I use the Line 6 Guitar port to connect my Guitar to my PC. It is USB like the cable, but I am sure it would be a lot better and also means I don't have to go and buy a cable. I downloaded the demo to give this a try, if I liked it i would have bought it. If people cant use another input device other than the propriety cable, then i think a fair amount of people might move on to the next thing. Myself included. Does anyone know of any other interface to interact with Rocksmith other than the official cable?
    please let us know, does it worked

    thanks
    Share this post

  9. #9
    KinchBlade's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,661
    Originally Posted by Brewer74 Go to original post
    I use the Line 6 Guitar port to connect my Guitar to my PC. It is USB like the cable, but I am sure it would be a lot better and also means I don't have to go and buy a cable. I downloaded the demo to give this a try, if I liked it i would have bought it. If people cant use another input device other than the propriety cable, then i think a fair amount of people might move on to the next thing. Myself included. Does anyone know of any other interface to interact with Rocksmith other than the official cable?
    It had been said multiple time on multiple threads that (currently at least) there is no alternative. Such is life.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    7,401
    Yes if people actually have to buy something to pirate this game they will move on

    how will we get to sleep at night
    Share this post