Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P-38 vs KI-84 | Forums

I was playing around with a quick mission. 4 P-38 vs 4 Ki-84. I played both sides and so far I find the Ki-84 a better bird. I'm sure there are may who have a differing opinion and I would like to hear them. So far I haven't really gotten the hang of the P-38 in ACE.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I was playing around with a quick mission. 4 P-38 vs 4 Ki-84. I played both sides and so far I find the Ki-84 a better bird. I'm sure there are may who have a differing opinion and I would like to hear them. So far I haven't really gotten the hang of the P-38 in ACE.

Use the drag brake to turn the P-38, and keep it's speed up. I've done your test too, and beat the crap out of the Ki-84.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Buzz

Buzz
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the P-38 is no match for the Ki

I wasted all ammo trying to down one ki84.

Ki is fast, sturdy, well-armed, fast climbing, tight turning with excellent performance at all speeds. It is hands down the best piston engined dogfighter in the simm at low to med alts. beating a well-flown ki in anything but another ki is a challenge

Ki-84 excels in the game until you get to high altitude, at which the P-38 will kick it's butt.

"It's not that I'm afraid to die - it's that I don't want to be there when it happens."

Banned
    The trick is getting the Ki to come up and fight at that higher altitude.

The Ki in AEP is certainly NOT the Ki from V1.22. It is faster on the deck and even the 1c turns like a top. When I flew my Lavochkin Performance Series up through V1.22, the two toughest opponents were another LA7 and the manual/auto prop pitching 109-K4s.

As AEP gets distributed further, I'm looking forward to facing the new and improved Kis in 1 vs 1 matches against the LA7.

However, in my experience so far, the smart Ki pilot eats the P38 for lunch.

Coming Soon to a Six near you...

That's because the smart Ki pilots usually stay away from smart P-38 pilots

Banned
    Indeed, that may also be quite a relevant point.

Coming Soon to a Six near you...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast