Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: City screen game crashes | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    For those with NVidia cards it appears the latest driver causes crashes, the community's advice is to roll back to the previous one.
    Nope, that is incorrect - I get freezes, not crashes! A freeze is not a crash - I work as a beta tester, I should know!
    It seems the "black screen on trying to attack monsters/towns" is workable-around, but the Town screen freeze is not, unless you downgrade the GeForce video drivers.
    Anyway, for many players (including myself) that have other games too and not just Heroes VI, the advise to downgrade the drivers is unacceptable.

For those who wish to do it, you need the WHQL/Stable Nvidia GeForce drivers from May 2012 - it seems there are no Town screen freezes with those. Not sure about the other "black screen on trying to attack", maybe that is fixed by the older drivers too, please try...
    Last edited by NakiBest; 11-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.

I contacted tech support, was requested to send my system information and dxdiag and was told that there might be a conflict with some software in my machine and to disable everything to get the game to work. Funny considering that the only software I own that doesn't work properly is this game. I know! Let's blame the victim! I can tell you all, with certainty, that this is the last Ubisoft game I will ever purchase; they could at least acknowledge there is an issue with their product and state they're going to fix it as soon as possible instead of blaming me for their malfunctioning software.

I suppose we all must learn from our costly mistakes sometimes. Good luck everyone, I'm going to delete this waste from my hard drive and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by killmegently View Post
    I contacted tech support, was requested to send my system information and dxdiag and was told that there might be a conflict with some software in my machine and to disable everything to get the game to work. Funny considering that the only software I own that doesn't work properly is this game. I know! Let's blame the victim! I can tell you all, with certainty, that this is the last Ubisoft game I will ever purchase; they could at least acknowledge there is an issue with their product and state they're going to fix it as soon as possible instead of blaming me for their malfunctioning software.

I suppose we all must learn from our costly mistakes sometimes. Good luck everyone, I'm going to delete this waste from my hard drive and move on.
    Actually, my experience was different - after the first replies from a tech support person, I got in touch and got several replies from one of the Heroes VI game/patch developers. He was unable to offer any immediate help, but he was kind and he did acknowledge there is an issue, and it is being worked on (or at least they are trying to reproduce it).
    What GeForce videocard do you have? As I said, downgrading your Nvidia Geforce video drivers might help with the Town screen freeze.
    (I have GeForce GTX 670.)
    Not sure if the old drivers will work in Windows 8 though - I don't think they work well (or at all) on that. So I hope you use Windows 7 or older.
    Last edited by NakiBest; 11-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.

when i contacted the support with that issue i just 0815 copy paste text 2times that told me: its a laptop issue and laptops are not supported by that game (lol...)
    and i better have to look at the game requirement for a game when i buy it. funny thing is that i am using a rly decent new gaming laptop and when i purchased that game
    from stream i never got ANY warning that this game doesnt support laptop users... rly frustating!

this city freezes drive me rly crazy...
    Last edited by eateR2009; 11-18-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Hmm well that's funny cos I'm playing on a desktop and I still get the crash is everyone else only experiencing it on laptops? :S Jeez this is so much effort, ****ing ubisoft. Anyone remember the good old days when you could play a game that you paid for?

No, my problem is on a desktop PC, on my laptop the game is fine (laptop has AMD video, however).

Hi guys, please be aware the developers are looking into a solution for this.

Hi @LL, I have the same problem, I have installed old drivers for nvidia GT650. I had Dell Inspiron with I7, 16GB RAM, and GT650. Dear UK Forum Manager please tell me: what is deadline to fix this problem? Could you ask developers? Because I think/hope that finding the solution for this problem is a project.( It takes to much time even for UBISOFT.)

Hi,

I have now the same problem. When I want to build a building (in each city of the Epilogue) the game crashes!

Please fix this problem. I can't play and finish the game. Strangly, it occured today for the first time.

thx.
    Last edited by littlemonkey; 11-20-2012 at 05:08 PM.

A solution to this show stopper issue would be greatly appreciated. As I also play other games a roll back is not an option!

Please keep us informed.

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast